MF 135 CLUTCH

/ MF 135 CLUTCH #1  

Napolean046

Tractor
MF 135
Hi, I just purchsed a MF135 Diesel Tractor and was told it has a double clutch, Can someone explain what that is and how its used. Thanks

/ MF 135 CLUTCH #2  
It's probably a 2 stage (aka dual stage) clutch.
This gives you a live (continuously running) PTO.

Pressing the clutch halfway down will allow shifting gears and the PTO will continue turning.
Pressing the clutch all the way down will disengage the PTO from the transmission completely (the implement will stop).

When engaging or disengaging the PTO, you'll want to push the clutch all the way down.

I've had the dual stage clutch on two tractors. It takes a bit of getting used to, but the learning curve is quite short.

/ MF 135 CLUTCH #3  
Also when the clutch pedal is all the way down your hydraulic pump shuts off therefore your 3 point will drop. It doesn't take much getting used to and I personally like it over the independent pto on my tractor.

/ MF 135 CLUTCH #4  
Also when the clutch pedal is all the way down your hydraulic pump shuts off therefore your 3 point will drop.

Never had that happen on my MF. Now when trying to raise an implement, yes you have to be halfway up on the pedal, but it never drops when pushed all the way down.

/ MF 135 CLUTCH #5  
Never had that happen on my MF. Now when trying to raise an implement, yes you have to be halfway up on the pedal, but it never drops when pushed all the way down.

..X2.

/ MF 135 CLUTCH #6  
Also when the clutch pedal is all the way down your hydraulic pump shuts off therefore your 3 point will drop. It doesn't take much getting used to and I personally like it over the independent pto on my tractor.

Is this normal? I was looking at a MF135 on the weekend that displayed this. I thought it was an indication of a leaking hydraulic seal or similar?

/ MF 135 CLUTCH #7  
If the lift drops when the pump stops you have a bad leak somewhere in the lift cyl. area.