Bucket not level on new MF GC2600

/ Bucket not level on new MF GC2600 #1  

lhptabor

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2600 TLB 2325 MMM; John Deere GX255; Kawasaki Mule PRO-FXT
I just bought a new MF GC2600 and the FEL is not level left to right. The dealer has been out twice and checked the air pressure on the tires. There was an over inflation on the left side. They adjusted and the right side is still lower by 1/2". Should I have the dealer come back, pick up the tractor, and figure out what is wrong?

/ Bucket not level on new MF GC2600 #2  
Short answer is yes.

You might call the factory and ask what the tolerance is.

/ Bucket not level on new MF GC2600 #3  
I've been convinced for some time that I have the same issue, and have gone through "the tires" route. Doesn't seem possible --they must use a jig, right??-- but when the brackets were welded to the back of the FEL, the right side bracket somehow ended up just a tad higher. Maybe.

Net result, the FEL sits just a bit lower on the right side, perhaps 5/16" to 3/8". I'm sure it's not my imagination. Makes back-dragging or "level-scooping" with the FEL a bit of a problem, as it always digs in a little more on the right.

Guess I'm not the only one who's been scratchin' my head!

So far I've just lived with it, but it is a minor aggravation at times. Unfortunately, I'm well past warranty at this point.

In the pics, the height difference is even noticeable when lining up the FEL with the red cross-bracket (pic #2); I really don't think it's in the arms, but rather the bucket itself.

Attachments

• FEL not level-1.JPG
    FEL not level-1.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 278
  • FEL not level-2.JPG
    FEL not level-2.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 280
  • FEL not level-3.JPG
    FEL not level-3.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 247
   / Bucket not level on new MF GC2600 #4  
I just bought a new MF GC2600 and the FEL is not level left to right. The dealer has been out twice and checked the air pressure on the tires. There was an over inflation on the left side. They adjusted and the right side is still lower by 1/2". Should I have the dealer come back, pick up the tractor, and figure out what is wrong?

Don't know about MF.

Check your loader install manual, Kubota has a procedure to square the thing up and it will be dependent upon the level of the floor you use to set it up.

/ Bucket not level on new MF GC2600 #5  
Yup, if the floor is unlevel when all the brackets are tightened, the loader will be slightly crooked.

/ Bucket not level on new MF GC2600 #6  
"Check your loader install manual, Kubota has a procedure to square the thing up and it will be dependent upon the level of the floor you use to set it up."

Thanks, kevinj-- I'll take a look at that. Since the loader was already on at purchase I didn't think much about it-- and it never occurred to me to study that section, but I think I did see a few pages on installation of the FEL. I'll post later with results. Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

/ Bucket not level on new MF GC2600 #7  
"Check your loader install manual, Kubota has a procedure to square the thing up and it will be dependent upon the level of the floor you use to set it up."

Thanks, kevinj-- I'll take a look at that. Since the loader was already on at purchase I didn't think much about it-- and it never occurred to me to study that section, but I think I did see a few pages on installation of the FEL. I'll post later with results. Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

If all else fails, read the manual:laughing:
:thumbsup::confused:

/ Bucket not level on new MF GC2600 #8  
"If all else fails, read the manual:laughing:"

Yep, one of my favorite sayings, too!

Looks like the only adjustment, if it's that, is on the brackets that support the whole thing on the tractor- seven large bolts & locks. But they do look to be the same height on the frame, both with 1/16" clearance to the top edge of the frame. And, the bucket appears to be misaligned with the arms, which do appear to be level. I'll check that measurement as well.

I'll have to think on that some. Don't know, even, if there's any room for movement in the bolt holes in the frame, but that'll be worth a shot, at least. I'm still leaning toward the bucket brackets, which are welded on, being slightly different heights.

Attachments

• FEL mount bracket.JPG
    FEL mount bracket.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 137
   / Bucket not level on new MF GC2600 #9  
"If all else fails, read the manual:laughing:"

Yep, one of my favorite sayings, too!

I'll have to think on that some. Don't know, even, if there's any room for movement in the bolt holes in the frame, but that'll be worth a shot, at least. I'm still leaning toward the bucket brackets, which are welded on, being slightly different heights.

You only need a few thousands of play to effect the bucket that far out

/ Bucket not level on new MF GC2600 #10  
I dont agree with the few thousandths. You are talking parallel lines not angles. You will need the slop of half the height difference on each side of the anchor points to correct and I dont think you will find it in the anchor point holes. I think you are on the right track with the attachment point on the bucket welded wrong or one of the lift arms is shorter than the other.. From the photos, it looks like it is perfectly level with the frame cross brace.