Rhino TS12 cutter with Kubota 5040

/ Rhino TS12 cutter with Kubota 5040 #11  
Thanks for the info HM, a couple more questions if you don't mind. What height do you mow at? When cutting "very thick and tall grass" does the mower create enough lift to get rid of the tractor tracks? Do you mow any ditches or extreme contours, if so does it scalp a lot or do well?

Thanks Brian

/ Rhino TS12 cutter with Kubota 5040 #12  
I cut about 6-7 inches tall, it will cut much shorter if you wanted to. As with any winged shredder you can scalp with it if you are not familiar with the equipment, it's all about where the tires and skids are in relationship to the crown of the hill.

Unless the grass is too wet to be mowing, or very dry it seems pick it up and cut the tire tracks out.

I think with a little practice/experience. You will find that it gives a very nice end result, almost finish mower quality.

If you have more questions ask away. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Rhino TS12 cutter with Kubota 5040 #13  
Hi,
Do you still have your Rhino TS12? If you do have you had any problems with it? I am considering purchasing one myself. I now have a JD MX8 but want to get something bigger. I have a Kubota M6040 and usually cut grass and weeds that are 3 to 4ft tall in 4th gear. Do you think I could still cut grass that tall and still mow in fourth gear? I just don't want to get a bigger mower only to find that I have to mow in a slower gear. It would kinda defeat the purpose. PS I cut the grass down to about 6-8" not trying to make it gold green or anything.
Thanks
Larry