Renting Implements and Hydraulic fliud

/ Renting Implements and Hydraulic fliud #1  

CowwFace

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE HST, 401FEL, RB40-96 pivoting Rear Blade
Hey List,

I think I might be officially type-A about my tractor now ... the thought of renting implements popped into my mind, and then immediately afterwards I thought about running someone else's nasty hydraulic fluid into my tractor .... Have I gone off of the deep end worrying about this, or has anyone out there had trouble with their pumps after renting equipment?

Tractor on

/ Renting Implements and Hydraulic fliud #2  
Do not run any-ones else's hydrualics,buy your own cylinder(s) and use them.
Only asking for trouble.I had not given this a thought until my brother-in-law(a retired farmer) told me this.I buy my own implements as a rule.

/ Renting Implements and Hydraulic fliud #3  
I haven't had any trouble, but don't intend to so I don't do it.

/ Renting Implements and Hydraulic fliud #4  
I have never seen SCUT/CUT/UT implements for rent. I'm in the greater Sacramento area, which should be a good market for that. But I have never seen anyplace rent.

I have rented breakers, trenchers and clamshell buckets and used them on my buddies Bobcat Skidsteer. Rented some from the Bobcat shop in Sacramento, and some from other local rental places. We just plugged and played; no purging the existing fluid or anything. That, is pretty common.

FWIW, I did get a used 3pt logsplitter for my tractor. I purged the fluid from it before connecting to my nice clean hydro system.

/ Renting Implements and Hydraulic fliud #5  
FWIW, I did get a used 3pt logsplitter for my tractor. I purged the fluid from it before connecting to my nice clean hydro system.
+1 Good idea, that's what I did when borrowing a friend's chipper. The fluid I drained out of the chipper was terrible.

/ Renting Implements and Hydraulic fliud #6  
Since my tractor is entirely hydraulic from one common hydraulic tank, I would never use hydraulic rental attachments on it for fear of contaminating the drive pump and wheel motors. Just not worth the risk. That, and the fact that no one rents attachments that fit my tractor anyway! :laughing:

I would instead rent it with its own power source. :thumbsup:

/ Renting Implements and Hydraulic fliud #7  
i dont think you boys have to worry about other hydro fluid backflushing from rental equipment an damaging your hydro pumps.because i dont reckon the hydro hoses retain any pil asfter you unhook them.

/ Renting Implements and Hydraulic fliud #8  
The splitter I got appeared to have about 2 quarts in it. Not a lot considering my tractor uses 9.6 gallons. But glad I flushed it.

i dont think you boys have to worry about other hydro fluid backflushing from rental equipment an damaging your hydro pumps.because i dont reckon the hydro hoses retain any pil asfter you unhook them.