Nebraska Tractor Tests

/ Nebraska Tractor Tests #1  

rancar

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD425 lawn tractor; JD4710 CUT; JD JX75 Walk Behind
FYI--following link provides performance and operational specs on host of different ag tractor models. Left click on Test Reports.

Cross-posted also under Educational and Research Websites in Related Topics Forum.

Nebraska Tractor Tests

/ Nebraska Tractor Tests #2  
I was talking about them in another post,it's too
bad they don't test CUTs.
The info they report is great.

/ Nebraska Tractor Tests
<font color="blue">"...it's too bad they don't test CUTs..."</font>

I noted that too. Anyone know why Nebraska Testing Laboratory doesn't test CUTs?

/ Nebraska Tractor Tests #4  
If I recall correctly, years ago the Nebraska legislature required all (?) tractors sold in Nebraska to be tested at their ag school and the HP determined by some standard. Because of this requirement (made the school popular) it became the standard test for all ag tractors built. Tractors were designed to just beat last year's tests, but saved some design for improving the test results for the next year.

I suspect that CUT's are not that important to the ag industry and so have not been included by the Nebraska legislature. I doubt the manufacturer's are going to jump to wanting any more tests. Now they can rate them on their own, as do other smaller engine manufacturer's.

Just my opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Nebraska Tractor Tests #5  
It's my understanding that only tractors with manufacturer's ratings of over 35 PTO HP are required to be tested. Hence the reason the Ford/NH 2120 tractor was rated at 34.5 PTO HP. Ford derated it to exempt it from the testing. This is the info I was given by my long time ag dealer when I purchased the 2120 years ago.

This dealer has been in the business for years and I believe he knows what he is talking about.

Andy

/ Nebraska Tractor Tests
<font color="blue"> It's my understanding that only tractors with manufacturer's ratings of over 35 PTO HP are required to be tested. </font>

Thanks Andy....but, if this is the case, the larger frame, larger HP CUTs like the JD 4610 and 4710 are excluded. 4710 is rated 40.5HP at the PTO...but no tests were done on this.

....Bob

/ Nebraska Tractor Tests #7  
That probably is very true. There is so many games manufactures can play with now days. It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Murph