Park Brake

/ Park Brake #1  

billhall

Tractor
Kubota L3540
OK, am I the only one that just can not remember to take off the parking break, does anybody have any suggestions how the remember to take it off? I just know I will be replacing my brakes way to often, is there any other damage I could caused by this absent mindness?

/ Park Brake #2  
Me too. I hope there is not a lasting effect. I have no solution yet.

/ Park Brake #3  
OK, am I the only one that just can not remember to take off the parking break, does anybody have any suggestions how the remember to take it off? I just know I will be replacing my brakes way to often, is there any other damage I could caused by this absent mindness?

I have done this many times....I have trained myself to tap the brakes every time I get on the tractor just before I push the hydro pedal:) Took some time but it is now a habit!;)

/ Park Brake #4  

Apply the brake firmly enough that it stalls the tractor when you try moving with it applied.

/ Park Brake
I have a Kubota, nothing stalls a Kubota, JUST Kidding, I will try this, I think I have applied it quite strongly but will try again.

/ Park Brake #6  
Apply the brake firmly enough that it stalls the tractor when you try moving with it applied.
I don't believe it's possible to stall my Massey by holding the brake.

/ Park Brake #7  
Fortunately my L5030 has a light and the M8540 won't start with the brake applied and our BX2660 won't move, I use to run our BX2200 with e brake on all the time.

As mentioned, about the best way is to just get in the habit of tapping your brake every time you get on.

/ Park Brake #9  
TripleR said:
As mentioned, about the best way is to just get in the habit of tapping your brake every time you get on.

If he could quickly and easily develop a new habit, he wouldn't keep driving off with the brake still on. I suggest a written start up checklist taped to the dashboard.

/ Park Brake #10  
I thought I had myself 'cured', but..........just today, I started moving with the brake engaged. Only went 2 or 3 feet, but still.........I should know better after a year and over 100 hours.:mur: