What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #151  
I hope you get yourself a tractor soon, and a place to play with it.

Well 4 years until I move out, then trade school, then a few years of work...... Hopefuly in 10 years I will.

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #152  
I just remembered another strange bucket load. About five years ago, some bow hunter stuck a cow elk right through the face. Some months after the hunting season, she started getting reported to the sheriff and game warden. When she started hanging around here and I called, I learned of the other reports. With the angle the arrow was in her, with the shaft sticking beyond her mouth, it must have been nearly impossible for her to eat. She didn't look all that wasted, so I guess it was infection that killed her. She died and dropped about 200 feet from my cabin, near the 11th hole of our disc golf course. I called the game warden and he came in his state pickup truck and I loaded the elk in the bed.

The weird thing about this is, every bow hunter I've ever talked to has never once lost a wounded animal.

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #153  
Well 4 years until I move out, then trade school, then a few years of work...... Hopefuly in 10 years I will.

Deereman75,
I bought a used tractor 7 years ago, before I could afford the Big RED Beast 4 years ago. When I bought used, it was all I could afford. Hang in there. Sounds like you got your priorities right.
hugs, Brandi

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #154  

Hang in there, I was in my 50's before I got my first new tractor. My brother and I bought a well used Ford 841 when I was in my mid twenties that he fixed up and used for a few years before we had to sell it. We were tractor-less for quite a few years until we bought an even more used Ford NAA which he fixed up; still have it in addition to a couple of other used ones we bought and fixed up. It all takes time.

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #155  
Ya I know it all takes time, but it sure will for this, since I am 14 right now, and live in a city lot, so even if I had the money for one, I would have no place to put it, will just have to wait until I move.

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #157  
Ok, this HAS to be the strangest thing I've ever hauled in a FEL. I have a small pond down in a ravine that is really off the beaten path. The local kids used to go swimming there occasionally. I was driving the then new JD 4010 (that ought to tell you how long ago this happened!) down through the woods to clean out the junk around the spillway, when I heard yelling and laughter coming from the pond. 3 teenage girls decided it would be a good idea to go skinny dipping in the pond. The local boys got wind of it and went and stole their clothes. I guess the sound of my tractor scared the boys off, and they ran off WITH THE GIRL's CLOTHES! I had 3 frantic naked teenage girls hiding in the cattails! I had a canvas tarp under my seat, but the 3 of them couldn't cover themselves and walk at the same time, so I had the 3 of them sit in the bucket, covered with the tarp and I delivered them to the nearest girl's home. I got some looks from the guys at the filling station as I drove past! Needless to say, the first girls mother was speechless when I knocked on the door and presented her with her first-born child! The fellers at the fillin station grilled me non stop for months for the story, but sometimes it's best to just smile and keep yer yap shut!

You take top honors with this load. Reminds me of Animal House where the frat boys dropped off the drunk coed at Daddy's house in a shopping cart.

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #158  
Well, it wasn't my tractor; it belonged to the Park Service for whom I worked at the time. About 8:00 one morning in '78 two bales of pot washed up on the beach. We loaded them in the FEL of our Case and hauled them to the Entrance Station (so I could keep an eye on them and prevent anybody from succumbing to an admittedly tempting situation.)

Marine Patrol wouldn't respond as they were not in a boat or the water, said call local LE. Sheriff wouldn't respond because no perp in custody, said to call Coast Guard. Coast Guard wouldn't respond for just two bales. Said to call Marine Patrol. So my day went (more laughable now than then.)

At 5pm I got through to CG station commander; told him that when the park closed at sunset I would place the pot in the middle of US 1 where it would not be my problem and would surely soon be gone. He sent a 2 ton dump truck and two coastguardsmen with M16s and ended a saga good enough for the movies!

BTW, I later learned they were all a bit busy with about 70 bales that washed up along the length of the Keys.

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #159  
Actually got a small car part way into the bucket!

Attachments

• IMG_4198.JPG
    IMG_4198.JPG
    791.6 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_4199.JPG
    IMG_4199.JPG
    803.3 KB · Views: 444
   / What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #160  
I have had all kinds of trouble finding an easy way of carrying rider mowers in the bucket. I finally came up with a good way. Put the bucket flat on the ground and back the mower into it. Run a chain from each side's bucket hook (you do have bucket hooks, right?) to each end of the front axle. Tip the bucket back and it picks up the rider mower. I know, it looks like a big tractor eating a little one, but it works.
I know we'd all like to see pictures the next time you do that kind of move.

Your wish is my command.

mower_hoist_001.jpg

mower_hoist_002.jpg

mower_hoist_003.jpg

mower_hoist_004.jpg

This is the first time I've used this loader to do this. It didn't fit as well as my old one. I was able to grab the frame on the right side, but had to go from the front axle on the other side to keep from smashing the oil filter. It's my friend's new mower off of craigslist. The mower clutch and idler assembly had broken all the welds. It broke the first time he used it on a flat lawn (let the buyer beware). Anyway, I welded it up for him and we set it in the back of his little Ford Ranger yesterday.