What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #331  
Yes But it looks good...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #332  
That is a cool flag pole crash!!

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #333  
Just made it all the way thru this thread and now I regret not having a single picture to share with you guys of my many oddball picks. Been there done that on the picnic table ,oiltank,trash can, big old hunks of concrete slab that had to be chained in,son in law in bucket for hedge trimming,jetski loading, did move a small deck once but never a outhouse,dont remember anyone showing prefab concrete steps but i did that one once. I promise the next goofy thing i pick i will snap a photo to share.

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #334  
Has anybody ever tried lifting the front wheels of a riding mower about a foot off the ground (with both the tractor and riding mower's rear wheel parking brakes set and chocks behind the mower)? I'm wondering if I drove the riding mower's front tires into the bucket if I could do safely do this. The idea would be to take a stick and poke around under the deck to clean out old grass clippings.

I see me flipping the riding mower over or doing something else unexpected *grin*.

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #335  
Has anybody ever tried lifting the front wheels of a riding mower about a foot off the ground (with both the tractor and riding mower's rear wheel parking brakes set and chocks behind the mower)? I'm wondering if I drove the riding mower's front tires into the bucket if I could do safely do this. The idea would be to take a stick and poke around under the deck to clean out old grass clippings.

I see me flipping the riding mower over or doing something else unexpected *grin*.

I chain my zero turn mower's front end to the hook on the bucket and lift when I changed mower blades. I tried lifting it once like you state above and did not like the way it looked. Just use a floor jack if all your gonna do is poke a stick under it. When I run over stuff I didn't see and it gets tangled in the blades and spindles, I just drive the far side front tire up my disc's tongue like a ramp and clean out the tangle from the other side.
hugs, Brandi.

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #336  
That is a cool flag pole crash!!

The rifle is actually made from a "Sliding Block" receiver. It still has the trigger & the hammer. All the rest is, conduit, some strap iron & an old metal chair leg. Sliding Blocks were single shot so the loading tube does not really belong.

Here is a picture of one I made for my neighbor. The revolver is a German copy of a Colt single action in 22 caliber. I call it a murder weapon, 2 rounds fired and 3 chambers still loaded. Someone buried it out in the desert. Why would someone bury a perfectly good revolver if they had nothing to hide??

Darts Vane.jpg

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #337  
Brandi,

Thanks for the suggestion. What is that law in science? Occam's Razor - the simplest explanation is usually the correct one? A floor jack. I don't have one. But I can probably get one as the local auto parts store is getting to know me by my first name since I got my tractor.

Coincidentally, I just spent some time reading a long thread in safety on using chains, cables and ropes with the FEL to do stuff. The gist of my reading yielded a few pearls of wisdom. Chains - 3/8 inch - and with ratings of 70 or 80 - are the way to go. They don't break, and if they do break they don't whip very far. Gotchas that can weaken a chain are pinching or otherwise deforming a link. I've been cognizant of the danger of whipping cables since a high school buddy joined the Navy and lost a leg when a carrier arresting cable snapped.

I did buy some really strong floor supports (four rated at 6,000 each) to hold the four corners of the bush hog up before I venture underneath it.

Best,

Rhino

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #338  

no- but the old Gilson 16hp riding mower broke its drive belt on a hill next to a fence -sooo i decided that was no place to replace the beltgilson mower.jpg and lifted it over the fence with the rhino tractor and carried it to the garage to repair it:D

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #339  
Brandi,

Thanks for the suggestion. What is that law in science? Occam's Razor - the simplest explanation is usually the correct one? A floor jack. I don't have one. But I can probably get one as the local auto parts store is getting to know me by my first name since I got my tractor.

Coincidentally, I just spent some time reading a long thread in safety on using chains, cables and ropes with the FEL to do stuff. The gist of my reading yielded a few pearls of wisdom. Chains - 3/8 inch - and with ratings of 70 or 80 - are the way to go. They don't break, and if they do break they don't whip very far. Gotchas that can weaken a chain are pinching or otherwise deforming a link. I've been cognizant of the danger of whipping cables since a high school buddy joined the Navy and lost a leg when a carrier arresting cable snapped.

I did buy some really strong floor supports (four rated at 6,000 each) to hold the four corners of the bush hog up before I venture underneath it.

Best,

Rhino

Rhino,
Two words..........................Harbor Freight.
hugs, Brandi