What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #351  
A couple of weeks ago I dug up a large sage brush with the FEL and carried it away to dump over the fence. When I dumped it out....a 3-foot Mojave rattlesnake fell out with the bush and slithered outta there as fast as it could!! :eek:

Sorry, no pictures of that encounter.....

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #352  
YQcjTaw.jpg

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #354  
An antique ship's anchor, 8 feet in length. My Dad dredged it up in fishing nets about 40 years ago off the eastern seaboard. If anyone has any knowledge about it's age or country of origin please let me know. The fact the anchor had a wooden stock could mean it is pre-1850.

View attachment 378729

Supposedly this is a "light" anchor used for "Kedging." To berth the sailing ship, the anchor would need to be rowed towards land on a small boat and dropped at a desired spot. Then the men on the larger ship would pull the anchor line to bring the ship towards it. In any event, I'm sure glad I have hydraulics to lift it!

Beautiful anchor. The grain says wrought iron. Where the stock would go- the slot was slit, then drifted into the square shape for the wood. Nice forge work. Beyond that, I am clueless. But here is an interesting site and discussion of a similar style anchor.
Marine archaeology

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #356  
Have her bathed and brought to my chambers.

She not dirty, just tanned and tired from working in the garden. To see her get up and sit there on the top of the bucket saying what do you want to do now? with those big brown eyes looken at you? Will just make your day.
Of course most guys would say lets go back to my house and read WaxMan threads on TBN:D

Last edited:
   / What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #357  
This tractor owner used his loader and forks to catch a thief's car.

Bruce

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #358  
Here's a couple loads of mine.

Attachments

• kubota deer.jpg
    kubota deer.jpg
    602.7 KB · Views: 365
  • 100_1054 (Small).jpg
    100_1054 (Small).jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 306
   / What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #359  
More of the same:

DSCF0093.JPG

/ What strange things have you moved with your loader..pics #360  
This tractor owner used his loader and forks to catch a thief's car.

Bruce

I would have loved to see him actually spear the car!