Neighbors wild ride, backwards

/ Neighbors wild ride, backwards #11  
Clearly, we should be launching our boats with our tractors. :D

Or, if you tow your trailer with the boat, it will never lift the back of the boat.

:)

Bruce

/ Neighbors wild ride, backwards #12  
I added two 5,000# swivel trailer jacks to the rear of my flatbed trailer to prevent just this thing from happening. I just swivel them down and turn the handle to lock the rear height of the trailer, then load/unload. very easy to install and operate also.

/ Neighbors wild ride, backwards #13  
Lost a friend who was winching a large yard log onto his trailer hooked to his Suburban. While standing on/near the hitch, the weight of the log lifted the weight off the rear wheels of the Suburban and slid down a street, dragging him along under it to his death. The Suburban was in park which didn't help just as the OP was stating.
Mark RIP, and may we learn from your tragedy.

/ Neighbors wild ride, backwards #14  
This is why I place a block under the back of the trailer to take the weight of the tractor and prevent the truck from lifting in the air even on a level surface.

We do the same and it keeps the beaver tail of the aluminum trailer from flexing. When someone leaves the jacks down and moves the trailer..... now we have to use cribbing.

/ Neighbors wild ride, backwards #16  
A lawn chair and a cooler full of your favorite beverage at a boat ramp can be quite entertaining

Oh man...im glad you brought that up....

A few years ago i was at the local boat ramp trying to reload my jet skis, but ahead of me is this clown thats there to pick up his boat. mind you thru this story that theres a line of 6-8 rigs trying to drop into the lake and retrieve their boats after a long day.

Ok this joker, after 5-6 tries manages to back his trailer into the lake, and after 10-15 minutes manages to get the boat loaded.....meanwhile other peoples tempers are flairing.... as can be heard by the groans from the other trucks.

Then to make matters worse, this clown pulls about 5 feet out of the water, and starts to wipe the boat off with a stack of towels. at the launch not at the prep area. Well horns start to honk, but he pays no mind. works away for about 10-15 minutes wiping down everything. people are yelling at him.....he doesnt care. I crack a cold one (water... dont call the cops)and sit back.

well he finally leaves and i get my craft.

About 40 minutes later were leaving and i see this guys truck and trailer pulled over on the windy road......but no boat. The boat is off in the trees and brush on the side of the road. In all his prep work, he forgot to tie it down.

Now given the a-hole that i am, we pull over and view the destruction... and so do others that had the misfortune to watch him load the boat. after some hearty laughter...we all decided to help him reload the boat onto the trailer......not sure why, but we did. turns out it was his neighbors rig........i just couldn't stop laughing.

talk about going off of subject...but this story is too funny.

/ Neighbors wild ride, backwards #17  
A lawn chair and a cooler full of your favorite beverage at a boat ramp can be quite entertaining

:D :D
Especially on the first good spring day when those boats have been in storage all winter. Quite a site, but leave the kids at home so they don't learn the language. ;)

/ Neighbors wild ride, backwards #18  
Maybe it's just a "California" thing but I fail to understand why people feel compelled to leave their car doors standing wide open when they reach the bottom of the boat ramp effectively taking up 3 lanes. (Sorry, off topic rant)

/ Neighbors wild ride, backwards #19  
I swear boats make people stupid. Albert Einstein would look like Beevis or buthead if he tried to launch a bayliner!

/ Neighbors wild ride, backwards #20  
That might be easy and quick if you have HST, but 5 sec to shift and pop the clutch with out pulling a wheelie as you roll backwards downhill:confused2:

I agree, if you were far enough back to lift the truck off the ground, better off to keep going, especially if the rears were on the ramps. reversing direction from that position in a hurry could cause undesirable front end climb.

Couldn't happen to me cause first of all my truck is to heavy, but also I have the stands under the ramps, don't know why all ramps don't have them. I can load the trailer with out it being coupled to the truck.

JB.

Attachments

• DSCN3343.JPG
    DSCN3343.JPG
    971.7 KB · Views: 235
  • DSCN3435.JPG
    DSCN3435.JPG
    998.1 KB · Views: 261