The Kubota GR2120?

/ The Kubota GR2120? #1  

handirifle

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1010
I have read some, not so nice comments about the GR2110, but I am wondering if any one has any experience with the new model, the GR2120?

The problems I read about on the 2110 were some tranny issues, and poor cutting quality. Have those items been corrected?

Also, what about the older models, the GR2100? Thanks

/ The Kubota GR2120? #2  
There where some major trans issues in the GR2100. That was largly rectified in the GR2110 and forward. I'd question any claims about cut quality. Its basicly the same deck as on the zero turns, the tip speed and abiltiy to clean out is very good. The most meaningful change on the 2120 is that the glide steer linkage was modified so that it should need less adjustment as hours are put on the tractor. The older ones used cables that can stretch and work themselves out of adjustment.

/ The Kubota GR2120?
Thanks. I had just read about the cable iissue on the 2100. The cut issue, according to the poster was verified by the dealer. Seems it was leaving 2 high strips down the center. Another poster had the same problem.

/ The Kubota GR2120? #4  
Bought a new gr2110 in march, 3/11 very steep yard to cut ,mine and daughters. rear end gets hot and loosed a little steam, looses more in reverse.
Went to amsoil tran/hyd fluid helped some.

Tire date on tractor is late in 08 .not sure. try and get the latest shipped one.
not sure if leftover 2110 can be sold new ,i suppose.

anyone: what happens if a bucklift actuator shaft turns as you test it on the bench ,does the clutch slip easier,then when in use. mine drifts some ,its a generic cylinder.?

/ The Kubota GR2120? #5  
I've not had any issues, cut quality or other, with my 2110.

/ The Kubota GR2120?
Well the 2110s were the ones i had read had troubles so i would get the 2120 in hopes of avoiding the past issues.

/ The Kubota GR2120? #7  
I've had my GR for 3 years now, without problems of any kind, including the transmission. I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

I think the issues with cut quality, and the leaving of strips, can be traced to the leveling of the mower deck.

Last winter, I bought a GR2707 blower, which was put on by the dealer. When I remounted the deck this year, the cut was off. Adjustments to the hydraulic lift (the front sling, actually) to equalize the blower had messed up the deck alignment. The owners manual has fairly precise steps to follow to level the deck. Once I did that, there were no more cut problems. I hadn't been on the forums when the issue with the two high spots was discussed, but it likely resulted from an out of level deck front to rear. You would then have two natural high spots between the slightly angled blade arcs.

/ The Kubota GR2120?
OK, well it looks like when the old Murray finally bites the dust, I will have to try and round up the funds for a new GR.
Thanks for all the feedback.

/ The Kubota GR2120? #9  
Purchased a GR2110 in May 2010. 54" Deck. Replaced a 5 yr old T series w/48" deck. My issue with the old unit was that the front end would slide down the steep hill in my yard if the grass was wet.

The GR2110 solved this problem. The cut quality is superior to the T series. No mechanical problems in over 330 hours of operation. I follow the recommended service schedule and sharpen the blade every six weeks. The deck on the GR stays much cleaner than the old T. Grass clipping just don't build up under the deck like in the old tractor. The desiel engine is louder than the gas engine, but the increased torque is noticable and welcome. You pay a lot for the GR2110, but in my opinion, it is well worth it.:eek::)