3-Point Hitch How do I keep the trailer hitch from rotating?

/ How do I keep the trailer hitch from rotating? #21  
Oh, well, I'll put a picture of the one I made, since it was just scrap material I had laying around the shop.:laughing: I wanted to move the ball back from the drawbar a little so I could turn shorter. I used it quite a bit, but never did get around to cleaning it up and painting it like I intended to do.:laughing:

My scrap iron is prettier than yours. :laughing: Don't think the guy I built it for ever painted it either. :laughing:

Attachments

• 3pt-2e.jpg
    3pt-2e.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 355
   / How do I keep the trailer hitch from rotating? #22  
Try this:

"Functional Accessories For Work & Play"

It works well for a trailer. Goes up and down with a toplink so it make hooking up the hitch easy. $45 + shipping. If you have a welder and steel - make your own!

/ How do I keep the trailer hitch from rotating? #24  
Just stick a 2" receiver on your ballast box, (or most often used impliment), that way the chances of the 3pth raising are minimized and you can stick whatever you wish into the receiver as needed. (tow hook, winch, tool carrier, etc) I just leave a 1 7/8 ball on mine, its fine for moving most trailers around, even those with 2 5/16 balls, as long as they are tongue heavy

/ How do I keep the trailer hitch from rotating? #25  
This is what I use to pull my trailers and some implements around. It has two receivers the top I use to attach a trailer carry all and the bottom I put my ball in and it works flawlessly. I wired a 7 pin round connector to it so I can hook up any trailer and use all of the features (brakes, lights, signals, ect.)

/ How do I keep the trailer hitch from rotating? #26  
Tractor Supply has a simple lock for your drawbar. Part #1000786. $20 Simple and easy to put on and off.

/ How do I keep the trailer hitch from rotating? #27  
Has anyone made a bracket to keep the trailer hitch (that piece with all the holes that fits across the quick hitch) from rotating? I want to use it to pull boat trailers and thought some of you may have already made a quick solution to this problem.
Thanks

You can buy drawbar stay straps at Tractor Supply. You need an upper and lower for each side.

Drawbar Stay Strap, Category 1, Upper - 0267953 | Tractor Supply Company

Drawbar Stay Strap, Category 1, Lower - 0267961 | Tractor Supply Company

I connected mine with the drawbar pins thru the lower hole and top link pin to upper holes. It forms a triangle and captures the drawbar so it doesn't turn.

TSC has a diagram which shows it a little different than how I connected mine, but you get the idea.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/wcssto...products/KnowHow/3-Point_Hitch_Chart_0130.pdf

/ How do I keep the trailer hitch from rotating? #28  
Ok, I have my draw bar lock ....what is the round hole for?

/ How do I keep the trailer hitch from rotating? #29  
You can buy drawbar stay straps at Tractor Supply. You need an upper and lower for each side.

Drawbar Stay Strap, Category 1, Upper - 0267953 | Tractor Supply Company

Drawbar Stay Strap, Category 1, Lower - 0267961 | Tractor Supply Company

I connected mine with the drawbar pins thru the lower hole and top link pin to upper holes. It forms a triangle and captures the drawbar so it doesn't turn.

TSC has a diagram which shows it a little different than how I connected mine, but you get the idea.

404 Page not found

Just so you know, none of your links work.