BUILDING THE ULTIMATE TRACTOR?

/ BUILDING THE ULTIMATE TRACTOR? #1  

BWS

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota l3830 hst/723 fel
After spending 15 hours on my l3830hst i think i have found some areas that could use improvement.Since i,m new too tractors and not a beliver of "kiss"this jmho.I think a shift on the fly range selector[button type]simular to n.h.'s rabitt/turtle button would be a big improvement for kubota and if there joystick was a little shorter or relocated[and a step added to the r/h side] so it was easyier to enter from the right side of the tractor.also a electric 4wd button would be very nice so you could keep the opperation of the 4wd system to the very minimum.how about "no flat tires"that would be great.any other features you guys could add or are you of the kiss thinking???bws

/ BUILDING THE ULTIMATE TRACTOR? #2  
You can get the no flat tires - just gonna cost you. (Either slime or solid foam). I'd like to see the loader unit compatible with the skidsteer coupling, that way you could use all the skidsteer attachments easily on your loader as well as using skidsteer buckets on your tractors.

/ BUILDING THE ULTIMATE TRACTOR? #3  
The electric 4WD button would be of little use to me. I have no pavement and never mind being in 4WD all the time. Shifting out of 4WD and back in is so easy on my L48, I'd just assume keep that part mechanical. Shift on the fly gear ranges would certainly be slick as long as we are actually switching gears or using a 2 speed rear end. My local dealer has a very slick joystick control adapter on a older style Kubota, I believe it was a 3410. It allowed the stick to be put any where on the tractor. The old stick is completely removed. and this stick with its cables is put back by the drivers seat should this be where you want it. It was very smooth. I have not tried entering a 30 series from the right side. My L48 is a snap, but I'm not that big either. 6'1" and 200 lbs which allows easy entry from either side. I once had Jimin on this board who has a NH explain the 2 speed turtle/rabbit thing but don't quite remember now how it worked. Anyway, there is always room for improvement and personal desires we'd all like to see. I'd like to see a 2 speed pto that would allow me to operate the tractor around 1700 RPM and still get 540 RPM at the shaft. Rat

/ BUILDING THE ULTIMATE TRACTOR? #4  
All of Kubota's new loaders are available with a universal skid steer quick attach as an option. ATI (as well as others) also makes adapters for many other late model loaders as well as weld plates that can be welded to just about anything you dream up to make it compatable also. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ BUILDING THE ULTIMATE TRACTOR? #5  
BWS,
I have about 6 hours on my 3430 w/ factory cab. I agree that the joystick could be shorter and further up on the wheel well along with rabbit/turtle button for use on down shifting on the fly. Also I would like to see the boom made lower profile and more curved. A sloping front hood would be nice too. These are nice features on the bigger NH boomers. I have a hard time seeing the edges of my 72" bucket as well as I have a hard time seeing the 48" pallet forks when I am trying to pickup a pallet off the ground. But all in all I really like my L3430. It took a little getting used to the bigger size of the L series after having a B2710. The 2710 was very nimble and quick for plowing snow and turning around. But I am sure I will develop more confidence and speed in my work as I get used to it. The loader is very strong with fast response and lots of power. I do like the larger and beefier(heavier) frame on the new 30 series, very stable and steady when lifting with the loader. It does have a learning curve getting used to the cab too but I love the protection from the elements and a radio. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jerry

/ BUILDING THE ULTIMATE TRACTOR? #6  
Rockdog, wait till you have about 100 hours under your belt with the loader, those edges will feel like their lit up. The L48 has admittedly tougher bucket edges to see then any compact tractor I've used. For positioning the bucket flat, you need a reference other then the stick and tube which I have always found to be more of a branch catcher then anything else. The heavy duty buckets have a couple of flat edges welded at each end. Well, my bucket does not. Solution, I welded a piece of 3" very thick angle iron on my bucket the full length. The top is at the same plane as the bucket bottom. No matter where I look on the bucket, I can always tell when my bucket bottom is flat on the ground. As you know, this is an important thing to know about using a loader. You guys with the 30 series have the opposite problem of me. On mine, I never need to downshift, only up shift to high. Medium on mine is like low on yours, about 4 mph tops. Low is 2 mph. High is almost 17 mph. I would like to to see a button that takes medium and gets you into high. I guess on the L48 they figure that with a backhoe on and loaded tires your going to weigh in around 9000lbs with a load of dirt in the front bucket that you will need low, I just never use it with a few exceptions like climbing very steep hills with my front bucket heaped with heavy material. Good luck with your new tractor, oh yeah, GET SOME HOURS ON IT! Rat..

/ BUILDING THE ULTIMATE TRACTOR? #7  
Christa, I have seen the new Skid steer mounts made for the Kubota sold with the new 30 series coupled to 4N1 buckets. They are very well made. I have also seen the brackets you mention that would allow a handy person with a welder or a welding shop weld it to anything your heart desires. I am looking at the new 30 series in anticipation of downsizing from my L48. Mostly I realize I need a loader that removes.

/ BUILDING THE ULTIMATE TRACTOR? #8  
I would like the FEL control at a different location or different design so I would still have easy access to the seat from both sides of the tractor. Other than that, I tickled with mine /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ BUILDING THE ULTIMATE TRACTOR? #9  
The New Holland loaders as well as other brands such as Bush Hog, Great Bend, and Woods, are available with a universal skid steer quick attach as an option.

/ BUILDING THE ULTIMATE TRACTOR? #10  
My new 853 loader on my 3050HSTC has a bobcat style quick detach and it works slicker than snot on a doorknob. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif