Pushing Back the Banks

/ Pushing Back the Banks #11  
Derek,

Nice pic. That is exactly why I like a loader. My neighbor has a blade and when the snow gets high and packed, thawned some and refrozen his blade won't touch it. It just pushes the front end of his tractor back on the center. He does have turf tires maybe some chains would help keeping the front end in place. As soon as the snow gets high he has to switch over to the bucket or his 3 point snow blower.

Murph

/ Pushing Back the Banks #12  
Yes I did here about the accident on the news just as we were going to bed the other night. My wife had to call and wake up her dad at midnight. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif She said he traveled i94 alot but ususally around Ann Arbor. Shows what can happen when you only get half of the story. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif He already knew they were a little nutty at times, so no big deal. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Patrick

/ Pushing Back the Banks #13  
WOW Rowski! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I think if I had a 3/4 mile drive and snow like that, a snow blower would be high on my list of NEEDS!

Preferably a front mount /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Pushing Back the Banks
Great picture Derek, kind of makes my little snow problem seem pretty insignificant.

BTW, our "BIG" blizzard last night produced an inch or so of snow. Pretty lame but it was blowing a lot so there were some fun drifts this morning on the way to work /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Pushing Back the Banks #15  
Robs,
Drive up a few miles -we got hammered here!!

Nick

/ Pushing Back the Banks #16  
Rob, 1 inch by us too. Pretty windy, but not even worth plowing until this evening. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Pushing Back the Banks #17  
I agree!!

But plowing 110 driveways, in a 12 mile radius would take forever!

I'm actually working (still planning stages) of a hydraulic driven snow blower for the front of a one ton truck. Power by an aux. engine in the back of the truck. We'll see /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif................

/ Pushing Back the Banks #18  
How about sending some of that snow my way! I asked JM III to send some but we STILL hardly have any!

JT

/ Pushing Back the Banks #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm actually working (still planning stages) of a hydraulic driven snow blower for the front of a one ton truck. )</font>

What about a Unimog?

/ Pushing Back the Banks #20  
We've had well over 100" so far, and I've had no real problems with a front blade so far. I just get up a head of steam, and run down the driveways, with the blade angled to push to the sides. If I can't get the bank back far enough on one pass, I just do it in two. Or three. Or whatever. Still fast.
One thing I do when moving back piles is to raise the blade as I hit the pile. This let's me drive right up on top of the pile and push the snow over the top. Next pass, the blade is a bit lower, until finally the pile is moved. Not as handy in this respect as a FEL, but for most plowing I'm really happy with this setup. I can really fly on the driveway, and haven't had any problems so far keeping it wide enough. We'll see as the winter progresses! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif