Do you trust your parking brakes? I don't...

/ Do you trust your parking brakes? I don't...
Re: Do you trust your parking brakes? I don\'t...

Iseki and Yanmar must have the same setup.... mine set like that, also.

/ Do you trust your parking brakes? I don't... #42  

Mine work fine but I don't rely on them alone. I'll drop all implements and knock it out of gear if I have to get off of the tractor for a short period of time. Diesels don't do well if you constantly start and stop them...at least that's what I've always heard. Maybe that's why trucker's always leave their rigs running?

This weekend my parking brake stuck on, or actually the pedal linkage failed to return all the way up. I was really confused, not being used to the tractor yet, with only 15 hours. I could not figure out why I couldn't move! I was looking at all the linkage ect. the when getting up from under tractor I grabbed the pedal and it moved up all the way.
I would say I trust the brakes since I was trying to move and couldn't under power!

<font color="blue">I'll drop all implements and knock it out of gear if I have to get off of the tractor for a short period of time. </font>

I assume you have an HST...otherwise taking it out of gear would be a given.

Myself, I came to the conclusion that it is better to keep the tractor in gear with the HST. That is because the HST wants to hold postion. I agree that dropping implements is a great idea...

Bottom line for me [at this point in time] is that if the parking brake should fail, I would rather have the hst tractor in gear than in neutral...

/ Do you trust your parking brakes? I don't... #45  

I agree. However, just out of habit, I usually drop the loader and whatever is on the 3PH to the ground when I park.