Output Flow and Pressure on Rear Remotes

/ Output Flow and Pressure on Rear Remotes #1  

DocHeb

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40D Supersteer
How do I find the output flow and pressure on my rear remotes for a TC40D? I am considering the purchase of a hydraulic post hole digger to attach to my FEL, and there are units that require 5-10 gallons per minute.

/ Output Flow and Pressure on Rear Remotes #2  
Chris,
I expect your rear remotes tap off of the main hydraulic system somewhere. With no other hydraulic activity going on, the rear remotes should be able to flow the full capacity of your pump. I also suspect the remotes rely on the main system pressure relief valve to limit pressure. So, the main system pressure and flow rate should both be available to your PHD.

Disclaimer: My comments are based on my general understanding, not on your tractor specifically. Good luck.

OkieG

/ Output Flow and Pressure on Rear Remotes #3  
According to the specs for the TC40D the hydraulic flow rate of the main pump is 9.8 GPM. As OkieG says this should all be available if nothing else is using any. If you mount it to the FEL you will probably be applying down pressure with the loader, but this should not effect the flow rate very much as very little motion will be occuring. You will loose some, but I don't think it will be a problem. As far as pressure goes, I believe the relief valves are set somewhere in the 2400 psi area. This will not be an issue since the digger is controlled by volume as long as the pressure is adequate which it definately is.

Andy