Wood splitter

/ Wood splitter #3  
This is the perfect place to post it. If I could own it, I would operate it.

/ Wood splitter #4  
That is a a BIG machine and works very well and fast. This here though is my favorite. More within reach of the little guy.

YouTube - ‪Fast Firewood‬‏

edit:but still very expensive

/ Wood splitter #5  
Couple of questions...

Why the tumbler? Are they trying to strip off the bark? Are they "weeding" out small pieces?

Maybe not so much as a question but observation. Some of these commercial setups use a hydraulic driven chainsaw and others use a huge buzz-saw blade. What do you figure their reason(s) are for this?

Just curious.

/ Wood splitter #6  
Couple of questions...

Why the tumbler? Are they trying to strip off the bark? Are they "weeding" out small pieces?

Maybe not so much as a question but observation. Some of these commercial setups use a hydraulic driven chainsaw and others use a huge buzz-saw blade. What do you figure their reason(s) are for this?

Just curious.

The tumbler just gets rid of most of the sawdust and little chips of wood and bark.

I think a saw chain would be easier and cheaper than a circular blade to keep sharp and/or replace.
Dave.

/ Wood splitter #7  
Dave1949,

I agree about the ease of being able to change a chain on a bar saw vs. that huge circular blade.

Maybe someone will post a reason as why one would want TO use a circular blade. Does it stay sharper longer? That's the only thing I can think of.

/ Wood splitter #8  
Unstoppable inertia from the large heavy spinning blade.

Carbide inserts will stay sharper MUCH longer than a chain.

/ Wood splitter #10  
yeah saw that on youtube great machine