Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #1  

OkieG

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 855 (24hp/19@PTO)
Most Useful \"Non-implement\" Tractor Accessories

This is a topic I've been mulling over in my mind for a while. I was wondering what "non-implement" type tool or accessory you find most helpful in caring for/enjoying your tractor.

For your consideration, I will offer one of my favorites, which is...my pressure washer.

I bought it before I had a tractor, but 90%+ of it's duty these days is tractor related. In no time it will convert my mud drenched toy into a semi-respectable...uh...toy. Anyway, my tractor and pressure washer were made for each other, and I'm very glad to have it.

Gimme your ideas!

OkieG

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #2  
Re: Most Useful \"Non-implement\" Tractor Accessories

I have to agree, the pressure washer is a must to keep the equipment from growing grass, which mine has at times in the front where the seed seems to collect. When the mud get too heavy I crank up the firetruck, It really blows off the heavy stuff.

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #3  

I would say in this order:

1. my wife
2. basketball hoop
3. air compressor (and its accessories)
4. both of my pressure washers*

* I have a 13 HP gas powered pressure washer which puts out 4 gpm @ 3500PSI and a electric 1 1/2HP that is pretty small at 2.5 GPM at about 1000 PSI. If I bought a new one, I would seriously consider a 5 HP electric one I know of. I find the electric one I have incredibly handy around the house/garage area and am more likely to pressure wash something that I might otherwise forgo. While my gas is obviously the choice for large things and times when no power is available, the electric washer is very quiet. The larger electric ones even shutoff on trigger release. They would require a 240V 50 AMP outlet though and would not always be the best choice for everyone. Should I build my new home, I will put a couple of 50 AMP 240V outlets in select locations for that very purpose. Rat...

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #4  

I'll go for the heated garage, the mud drys out and falls off
when I pull out.
So I get to use the SSL to load dirt into and put back in garden /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #5  

Well....it's not an implement per se but I would have to say my skidding tongs attached to the 3PH....very helpful in picking up the butt end of a log and dragging it out of the woods and hedgerows.

...Bob

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #6  

I think the pressure washer that I don't have yet would be the best. My tractor sits in my garage with the other cars and if I don't wash off all of the grass it just stinks in my garage.

Murph

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #7  

Mine would have to be my fender mounted AM/FM Cassette radio. I spend long days playing, (I mean working, if my wife is around) with my tractor and I love to have some tunes on. Easily my best $150 spent on my tractor.

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #8  

Compressor.

Here are just a few of the more frequent ways this piece of equipment earns its spot in my garage:

maintaining tire pressure
blowing away dust/dirt
snowblower skid shoe tightening (air ratchet)
mower blade removal
blowing the itchy grass clippings off me after a hot day of bush hogging.

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #9  

Well, as neither are an "implement" in the conventional sense, I'd have to say my front end loader followed quickly by my backhoe. As far as smaller things, I'd say my toothbar (which, of course, is pretty useless without the FEL /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif ).

/ Most Useful "Non-implement" Tractor Accessories #10  

Definately my Peltor Worktunes

I'm know I don't look too "cool" in them but they do work great (in fm mode anyway).