3-Point Hitch 110 TLB 3-pt collapse

/ 110 TLB 3-pt collapse #1  

Bridger1597

Tractor
JD 110 TLB
I have a new TLB (30 hours) - great machine. I had a 3-point mounted mower on it in the raised position when it suddenly colapsed. Full movement of the control lever would not raise the 3-point hitch. After investigating I found a 2-conductor wire dangling beneath the tractor, found its mate leading into a hydraulic oil junction block (for lack of better description) and reconnected it. Unfortunately, that was not the culprit and did not fix the problem.

I plan to take it in for repair, but I'm curious if anyone has encountered this problem?

/ 110 TLB 3-pt collapse #2  
Never had any problems like that and glad no one was hurt. Please keep us informed.

/ 110 TLB 3-pt collapse #3  
Could it be something like a aux hydraulic circuit that got engaged and bypassing the 3 point lift function?

/ 110 TLB 3-pt collapse #4  
Bridger1597,

If that was the wire going to the backhoe presence switch, that could very well be it. Maybe the switch itself was damaged. That tells a solenoid where to divert hyd flow, to either the hoe, or the rockshaft for the 3 point hitch.

Hope this helps! Please let us know what you find.

/ 110 TLB 3-pt collapse
Guys,
Thanks for the suggestions.
1. Checked the backhoe pressence switch - shows 12 volts available and the switch closes upon activation.
2. Checked fuses - everything is functional.
3. Connected the hoe - works fine.
4. Discovered that rockers raise slowly, with just enough lift to overcome a 215 lb son (on the rocker) - no way it would raise an implement. So there is some limited flow available, but not a lot of pressure. Not familiar with the hydraulic system, but a weakened bypass or partially open solenoid valve, perhaps?
5. Not that it's related, but when at rest, the steering hydraulic "hums" off and on (like there is air in the system).

/ 110 TLB 3-pt collapse #7  
Bridger 1597.

There is a screen filter located in the rockshaft inlet port fitting, may want to check that. Otherwise, I would say that since the backhoe is OK, it would rule out the pressure relief, or the solenoid. I'm pulling this info from the Tech Manual, and I am sure not any kind of authority.

Just trying to help.