Tires Source/name of Canadian rimguard copy. Fusion?

/ Source/name of Canadian rimguard copy. Fusion? #1  

Scooby074

Tractor
BX 25, ZD 326
Anybody have a source or even a name for the Canadian version of rimguard?

I read a post where it was called "Fusion" however i havent been able to find a source or even a hit for tire ballast called "Fusion". Perhaps it has a different spelling?

/ Source/name of Canadian rimguard copy. Fusion? #2  
I have used product call "Agri Lim" which is made in Quebec. It was available locally at Benson's tire and it was reasonably priced.

Hope this helps.

Agri-lim inc.

/ Source/name of Canadian rimguard copy. Fusion? #3  
I was not able to find a Canadian supplier when I filled my tires with Rim Guard this year. Another American alternative is Bio-Tire:

Bio-Tire Ballast

which is based near Seattle.

Rim Guard and Bio Tire were the only products I could find in the BC Okanagan area and the prices were about the same. Since it is an American product I don't imagine there is any import duty on either brand.

/ Source/name of Canadian rimguard copy. Fusion?
Thanks for the reply,

I called Rimguard.
Locally Rimgruard is sold by Tricounty tractor. Unfortunately theyre in yarmouth (other end of the province from me)

Theyre looking at setting up distributorships in the province but that is 2 months away.

Their pricing is quite high from what ive seen. At the shop in yarmouth its ~ 1.25 /L + $75 service fee /tire. Thats pretty crazy. No way im paying that.

I was hoping to find out about that "fusion" stuff hoping it will be less. I couldnt find anything out, plus all thats local is Calcium... So i went with tubes and calcium for $30/tire for fill +$25/tire for the tubes.

/ Source/name of Canadian rimguard copy. Fusion? #5  
Your quote for Rimguard was certainly more expensive than mine. I guess that shows what competition will do.

Did you contact tire dealers in your area to see if they handle beet juice ballast? Neither the Kioti or Kubota dealers in Vernon had heard of it. They had not heard of it but are now keen to recommend it and will have the local tire dealers install it. I've spoken with several long-term industrial machine users since then and was surprised to find they had not heard of beet juice either.

I had 70 gallons of Rimguard installed in my DK35's rear R4 tires. The service truck came about 40 km from Salmon Arm for a $89 service fee (including $4 "shop supplies").

The Rimguard was $3.50 per gallon which works out to $0.77 per litre(70 gallons = $245). The total cost was $334 (before the dreaded HST).

Yeah, i asked about alternatives to calcium. Even went as far as suggesting some.

One place mentioned beet juice at my instigation but said it was so expensive "even Nova Scotia power passed at the quote". This was the same one that said their Halifax branch can foam, "But its very expensive and doesnt add weight"

Another place i called laughed at me when i suggested windshield washer fluid..

"What?!!!" he said" Why would you want that." "We only do calcium"

Basically were a calcium town until rimguard sets up its distributors. But even then their prices are far too high.

I actually talked to the owner of the provincial distributor. he was very interested in where i had heard of the product. I told him that i was seeing prices of ~$2.50-3,00/gal online and his pricing it just far too high. He basically said its an environmental product, with no rust benefits.... and it justified the high price... Plus he said "it comes in 1000 gallon tubs and there's shipping"

So given his mindset i cant see his local distributors selling it for any less than $5.00/gal when considering the value he seems to be placing on the product and his cost structure.

Hes out to lunch if he thinks local guys here will pay that for something that can be spilled on the ground with a simple tire puncture. Espically considering the history with calcium and the price of calcium. Maybe he'll get some rich "greenies" who buy into his theorys, but your average farmer or contractor will pass. I can see people paying your price (minus the service fee) as thats about what i ended up paying, maybe a little less.

/ Source/name of Canadian rimguard copy. Fusion? #9  
No one around my area had heard about it either. I found a local tire guy who is great and services my area. He is set up to do Calcium so that's what I went with eventually. It wasn't worth the hassle to me to go get WW fluid and then find some place to store an extra amount and have room to pump it out if I have a flat (and I've had 2). I just call my tire guy and he takes care of flats and pumps the tires out to his tank of Calcium and then back.

No one around my area had heard about it either. I found a local tire guy who is great and services my area. He is set up to do Calcium so that's what I went with eventually. It wasn't worth the hassle to me to go get WW fluid and then find some place to store an extra amount and have room to pump it out if I have a flat (and I've had 2). I just call my tire guy and he takes care of flats and pumps the tires out to his tank of Calcium and then back.

Yes, you cant overlook that!. Getting something exotic that isnt local will make repairs that much more difficult.

The place i deal with for calcium will pump out and refill a tire for $30. How can you beat that?:thumbsup: