Tractor
    John Deer 2305

Default Front tire rub....mystery bolt JD 2305

Been a while since I was last here...I guess that is a good thing since I usually only have to visit when I have a problem....so....

Have a 2010 JD 2305 with the 62" belly mower. This is my second year with it...and it seems as if something has gone wrong over the course of the winter.

When (and only when) I make a sharp right turn (with mower attached) do I get a rubbing on the inside of the left front tire (see photos). It turns out the tire is acutally hitting the spring loaded pin which secures the mower bracket to the front frame of the tractor. I am pretty darn certain I did not hit anything hard enough to bend anything, everything is still working properly, but I am slowly taking pieces of rubber out of my front tire on sharp right turns.

I contacted the dealer...they can only scratch their head. I thought about trying to relocate the roller pin inside this spring, but I think I will have issues removing it if I do that. Any ideas here other than not making sharp right turns with the tractor?

On another note...not really sure if this could be realted, but about a week after I noticed the tire rubbing, I found this bolt in my driveway. Have no idea where it came from...the tractor, my truck, the neighbors tractor...again, no idea.

Sent these photos to my dealer...and they have no ideas on either of these items.

Anybody have any ideas as to what may have gone wrong, or what to do about it or where this mystery bolt may have come from? Again, everything on the tractor is still working fine, so not sure how/why/where these things came from.

Thanks
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Front tire rub....mystery bolt JD 2305-img_0127.jpg   Front tire rub....mystery bolt JD 2305-img_0128.jpg   Front tire rub....mystery bolt JD 2305-img_0129.jpg   Front tire rub....mystery bolt JD 2305-img_0130.jpg  

art
    Tractor
    all makes and models

Default Re: Front tire rub....mystery bolt JD 2305

Most tractors I've seen have stops for the steering that would be adjusted to keep the front wheels from turning to far and allowing them to hit the tractor sheet metal.

I'd check the other side or look in the owners manual and see what it may say.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

I'm with Art. I'd check the right front for that missing stop bolt. I'm guessing above and slightly behind the axle.

-rus-
    --
    Bobcat CT225
    middle buster, three-point forks, chain-on brush forks
    "borrowed" drag & disc stored at my house

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 1026R

My 2305 mower mount came with a replacement for that bolt/pull-tab. The updated part sat lower and didn't rub. I wonder if your dealer couldn't help you out here?

Tractor
    JD 2720

Quote Originally Posted by HunterWare View Post
    My 2305 mower mount came with a replacement for that bolt/pull-tab. The updated part sat lower and didn't rub. I wonder if your dealer couldn't help you out here?
    Wasn't there a thread a while back about JD replacing this pull-tab with the "L" shaped handle?
    HAVE FUN

do yourself a favor, floss

Tractor
    BX22

BTW, the stop used when turning to the right is typically on the right side of the axle.

Tractor
    John Deer 2305

Thanks for the feedback everyone....

I have given that front axle a good look over and see nothing resembling a threaded hole for that missing bolt. When I pick the tractor up (with the bucket) I turn the wheel fully left and right....it stops in both directions with the casting banging into the hub...on both sides. Again, don't see where any type of adjustment can ocurr.

Nothing in the manual about it, and my dealer knows nothing about it.

I am going to go back to the dealer and inquire about the "L" bracket for the mower and ask again about the bolt.

If any of you have a 2305, and see where the steering can be adjusted, PLEASE share a photo with me...I am ok with a hurt ego if it solves the problem for me.
    Thanks
    Mike

I'm having the same problem, I took it to the dealer and they replaced the pin. The tire is not rubbing now but to me this is not the proper resolution. The tire never rubbed in 100 hours so why is it rubbing now?

Did you resolve your issue?

Thanks

Shawn

Tractor
    John Deere 2305

Anyone have a part number for the replacement pin?
    NC

My hills have hills.

The dealer didn't give me the paper work for the warranty work so I'm not sure on the part number. I'll look on the pin and see if there is a number.