So dry ... Cut, rake & bale

/ So dry ... Cut, rake & bale #21  
hay around here is gold,as its worth from $60 to $100 a bale.

/ So dry ... Cut, rake & bale
hay around here is gold,as its worth from $60 to $100 a bale.

Isn't that something ... $100 a roll ... seems like price gouging !! sadly some of it is like I was talking about when this thread started, anything and everything is getting baled and sold as hay.

/ So dry ... Cut, rake & bale #23  
Isn't that something ... $100 a roll ... seems like price gouging !! sadly some of it is like I was talking about when this thread started, anything and everything is getting baled and sold as hay.

yes its like it was a few years ago when they was baling weeds an thorn bushes an selling it for $60 a bale.buying hay from out of state was an is a big gamble.alot of cattlemen here are selling most if not all of their cows right now.

/ So dry ... Cut, rake & bale #25  
there is such a thing as over priced hay,an this year all of the hay will be over priced.cattlemen cant afford putting $600 in hay in a cow thats only worth $700.any kind of feed is $220 to $320 a ton or more.

/ So dry ... Cut, rake & bale #27  
I will disagree. Hay is worth what someone is willing to pay.

you maybe right,but most people wont pay more than $50 a bale for hay.but then again theres a few people that bale trash an pass it off as good hay.here in texas they sent 100,000 head through the sale barns last week.an alot of the barns are filling their pens to 2500hd,an then telling the trailers in line to haul the cattle back home an feed them for awhile.

/ So dry ... Cut, rake & bale #28  
you maybe right,but most people wont pay more than $50 a bale for hay.

We have been selling 750 lb squares for $55+ for years. "Good" hay in large squares at the local auction sold for $175 ton last week. That was only 1st crop non dairy hay.

I am about half tempted to get some cow calf pairs from down south. Some friends of mine did that several years ago. They got something like 12 semi loads IIRC.

/ So dry ... Cut, rake & bale #29  
A person with the right connections could make some money right now buying cattle from TX/OK and trucking them north. I wish I was one of those people. Ohio is just too far. As it stands up here, I have excess grass but can’t hardly afford what decent cattle are bringing. Even culls are worth quite a bit.

/ So dry ... Cut, rake & bale #30  
A person with the right connections could make some money right now buying cattle from TX/OK and trucking them north. I wish I was one of those people. Ohio is just too far. As it stands up here, I have excess grass but can稚 hardly afford what decent cattle are bringing. Even culls are worth quite a bit.

Indeed. A guy could make good money bringing hay down here and hauling cattle out. Of course, it's just like a lot of other things in this economy, if you're liquid enough, you can buy a lot of things for a **** of a bargain.