Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 HSTC, International 2400, Hesston 1280,

Default Re: Heavy Roller

No, there is no way the kubota will lift it.
    I will try with my tractor that is about 3 times the size of the Kubota.
    Not even sure it can handle it.
    If it doesnt, I will try to get the large commerical loader at the plant to do it for me.

I plan on putting it on a tandem 16' trailer, which will still be a load, But I have previously put 2 yards of wet concrete on it (much overloaded [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) and I only have 1/2 mile to go.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Default Re: Heavy Roller

I wouldn't use deisel.... That will be a solvent for the asphalt... An easy waterer is a 1/2" pvc pipe suspended across the top o fhte roller perferated. This connected to a hose, then a dump valve, then a resevoir. If small jobs.. a small res'vr will do.. perhaps a peice of 4" pvc capped at ends just above the 1/2 pipe..

For a scraper.. some use a peice of fence stretched across the drum, held in place with enough resistance that it will clean the drum off.

Not the best bet.. but if your drum has ridges.. a scraper blade will be more challenging...

Soundguy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234