Tractor
    NH TC35D4

Default Re: One stuck Boomer!!!

rear end
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

That doesn't look too bad, but could be the angles. How far can you go backwards, or does it just keep getting deeper and steeper the farther back you go?

Tractor
    New Holland TC21D

Hi, Maybe, I'm out of my league here, but what I would do is put 2 heavy planks under the rear tires as far as I could. The tractor may creep out of the hole if the ground is solid behind it. Also this gives you one other bit of help. It lowers the FEL. There is a chance that your fel will be able to either add weight to the rears, or push you out of the hole. Also I'm not sure about your bigger tractor, but my little guy (TC21D) has a rearend lock for these things. Its the foot pedal by the fender on the left side. If all this fails, hook a chain to the nearest tree, and buy a come-along. Pull the tractor out the old fashion way. This is just my thoughts, but I think one of them will work for you. Only my $.02.

Kent

Tractor
    JD 4110 HST w/410 Loader and 60

It looks like there's a nice little spot about 50 feet up that hill that would be a much better place to sit in the tractor seat and eat tomorrow's lunch. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 790, JD 6420

Once upon a time long, long ago we used the "chain a log" to the rear wheels method ... it was the last resort to get a tractor out of the mud ... We always put the tractor in reverse ONLY .. that way the log would hit the chassis of the tractor and not the operator if you allowed the wheels to rotate to much... once the rear wheels where out of the mud we would lay logs, brush, or boards under the wheels, remove the chains holding the log and slowly back out we sometimes had to do this with trucks and yes this can be dangerous but if you will make sure and use reverse only and move very slowly you can lower the danger .
    Leo

Tractor
    99 JD4200 4WD Collarshift

"Reverse only". Now that's a good idea. You're just trying to lift the tractor up, and get something under it. Then park it and wait for suitably dry ground.

Tractor
    New Holland TC29D, 2001

One other option,

Put your chain or cable on before you know your going to get stuck. You see then you don't have to climb down in the mud or anything like that. But you must make sure you both go at the same time. This one is hillarious, thank god it wasn't me on either end. But if you wanted to see a bunch of grown men laugh, this was the place to be.

Notice he isn't sitting on the seat no more.

Murph
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    NH TC35D4

Mossroad, I can only go back about 8-10' til I run up against another tree. That's sorta where I started out and pulled myself to this point using the FEL and a chain til it sank right here.
    Going backward and laying planks is what I thought about until I can get the tractor on top, then fill-in the holes and plank my way forward. Some spots are so soft that just walking on them I sink in over my boots.
    gary

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    NH TC35D4

bigpete, yes you are correct, about 50' up there's a nice dry firm spot, the tires wouldn't even scratch the ground, but the problem is that the longer I wait the wetter it's going to get.

We have been getting rain/snow about every 3-4days now thanks to el nino, and where the tractor is sits at a low spot of about 30ac where water will drain down through the soil 7-10days after a rain. Where I've trenched to channel the water, it's still flowing a almost the same rate that it did 2 days ago.

I think I just need to get it on top of the soil and pull it out slowly with my chains. I have about 30' to cover til I reach solid ground and about a 5-6' rise.

gary

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast