One stuck Boomer!!!

/ One stuck Boomer!!! #31  
With the limitations on where you can get a wrecker too, here is another idea. Contact a local 4x4 club or repair shop. You may be able to get a Jeep or Pickup with a winch to come over for a donation to thier club.

Otherwise... I would go back to the jack. You could even use the floor jack from you garage, so it does not cost you anything. Dig out under the drawbar so you can get a plank under there, and place the jack on the plank. Jack it up a little, and place boards under those tires. Jack it a little more, and more boards under the tires.

No matter what, it will take time, and be a pain. I've spent 2-3 hours getting unstuck that way.

Good luck either way!

/ One stuck Boomer!!! #32  
RobertN - </font><font color="blue" class="small">( With the limitations on where you can get a wrecker too, here is another idea. Contact a local 4x4 club or repair shop. You may be able to get a Jeep or Pickup with a winch to come over for a donation to thier club.)</font>

I was thinking the same thing. Here's a link that might help:

http://www.sfwda.org/clubs.html#NC

/ One stuck Boomer!!!
here's a picture of our regional radar...more rain/sleet/snow /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Attachments

• 239631-radar.jpg
    239631-radar.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 210
   / One stuck Boomer!!! #34  
One more idea...about 2' at a time .....Roll the bucket to the full dump position...put the chain hook on the blade of the bucket and take the chain around back of the bucket and over the top. Now if you have a stationary object or even better, a good tree out front, you can move your tractor forward by rolling your bucket back to the loaded or level position...It's only about 2' each time but the two bucket cylinders have a lot of power..Keep your bucket as low as you can and still roll it but I have used this manuver in and embarassing moment and .......It worked...

Gene

/ One stuck Boomer!!! #35  
Gary,

I would call a local wrecker. You might be supprised the length of cable the local guy might have access to.
The good news is that your tractor is a very light load for the wrecker. The cost might not be to bad either.

I have bit the bullet on three ocasions in recent memory:
1) Bobcat with one set of tires buried beyond view. ~$50
2) Lime truck. 50% my problem. Expensive since it weighted ~40,000-50,000 lbs.
3) Backhoe. Not really my problem since a contractor messed up and had to pay a wrecker to pull him out. I just watched and hoped they did not tear up anything else.

It happens. Sometimes its just best to call in the help before it gets any worse.

Fred

/ One stuck Boomer!!! #36  
phred, must have been one really bad area if a backhoe couldn't self extricate itself. Wish I could see a picture. Bill C

/ One stuck Boomer!!! #37  
<font color="blue"> I would call a local wrecker. You might be supprised the length of cable the local guy might have access to. </font>
When I got my 4 x 4 Chevy S10 pickup truck (my first truck and my first 4 x 4) stuck in my own field ("4 x 4 can go anywhere, right?" attitude), I had to call a wrecker. The closest place he could get was our driveway that was at least 250' from my truck, which was buried up to the axles. He used the cable on the upper arm off the back of the truck.

So I agree with others who have recommended this. Pace off the distance from your tractor to the closest place a wrecker could get and call a towing service to see how long the cable is on their vehicles.

/ One stuck Boomer!!! #38  
A fellow told me today that if I ever get my tractor stuck to put lime on the wheels and that would help get me unstuck. Anybody heard of doing that? Can anyone confirm or dispute that idea?

/ One stuck Boomer!!! #39  
I do know that quantities of lime will tighten up muddy soil, but I would doubt that you could get it to tighten up enough to allow a tractor to climb up and out. You'd have to break up and mix in the lime along the escape route also.

Now if you have limestone slabs..... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ One stuck Boomer!!! #40  
So it might work if I was a "little stuck" but probably not when "big stuck" like Gary?