855 Pedals - no tension

/ 855 Pedals - no tension #1  

JD_Sheldon

Good evening all. This issue may be related to another thread I opened. Anyway the pedals on the JD have no tension at all. If I press the forward or reverse pedal it just depresses to the bottom of the range but doesn't return. There is not tension at all.

/ 855 Pedals - no tension #2  
You broke a spring. Go to the dealer and tell him what the deal is and he will be able to sell you the correct one.

Or the spring could have been knocked off by brush. Have you crawled under there and inspected?

/ 855 Pedals - no tension #3  
I agree, sounds like you lost a spring, here's what you are looking at inside the frame, if you get someone to move the pedals (motor OFF!!) while you look under there you will see if it's gone, or what isn't happening
scan0002-1.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0004-1.jpg

/ 855 Pedals - no tension #4  
Nice pictures! Makes me almost wish I had a 855 with a broke spring just so I could use them.

(almost);)

/ 855 Pedals - no tension
Well guys, thanks for the information. I just logged on again after spending an hour on Saturday fixing the problem. It turned out to be a simple fix. I used the diaram posted last week to trace the issue. It had simply slipped out of gear (the end of the pedals had slipped out). I just raised the arm and pushed it back in and it started. What a relief. I then spend two hours mowing and another 2 hours mulching! It's a great little tractor.

Thanks to all for the advice.