Broken Tractor...

/ Broken Tractor... #13  
My dealer sells a lot of large equipment (for this area). He has a couple of trucks set up with hydraulic booms for servicing tractors where they sit. He brought one of them to do the 100 hr service on my little B Kubota, and it was nice to have them be able to do that right here in the yard. Very clean, neat, and handy with pumps, and bulk storage for used fluids, etc.

/ Broken Tractor... #14  
By the way, where the heck is the head at?:confused:

Just beside it in the picture, We took it off to drag the combine back to the yard to fix.

/ Broken Tractor... #15  
They aren't called 'Barnyard Buick's' for noth'in.:D

Actually, IH pioneered the rotary though a dyed in the wool JD fan would argue.......

New Holland made the first rotary in 1975 with the TR70

/ Broken Tractor... #17  

Actually, IH pioneered the rotary though a dyed in the wool JD fan would argue.......
Both of them would be wrong...
Here's a bit of history...scroll down to the part about "Western Roto Thresh Combine".
The old Roto Thresh factory site is only about a quarter mile or so from my home.
http://www.wdm.ca/skteacherguide/WDMResearch/HarvestingDvpt.pdf
From that site:
The results from early testing of the prototypes during the wet fall of 1968, near St. Denis,
Saskatchewan were promising. In a 1999 interview, Barney Habicht described the first run of the
rotary protoype: Commercial production of Roto Thresh combines began in the early 1970s at a production plant in Saskatoon. Customers who purchased the machines, which sold for around $30,000 a piece, were impressed with the new technology of the Roto Thresh. Clotaire Denis of St. Denis was the first farmer to purchase a Roto Thresh in April of 1973.
From CASE IH HISTORY:
International Harvester introduces the Axial-Flow rotary harvesting concept, with its 1440 and 1460 model combines. Axial-Flow technology improved threshing and grain quality and used fewer parts for easy maintenance. The company spent $56 million and one million man-hours to design, build and test the concept. Eventually every other major equipment manufacturer developed some version of the rotary combine design pioneered by International Harvester.

/ Broken Tractor... #18  
For those who don't know what a tiling machine is, I've attached a pic of a small one.

I still don't know what one is, but it looks like there sure is a lot of stuff to break on one..