580B wierd control pic.

/ 580B wierd control pic. #1  

Anonymous Poster

Okay, what's going on with this picture here? I found this 580B case backhoe on ebay and got this pic of it's hoe controls. At first it looks to be the JD converted type but you see that it still has the normal swing foot petals. Where's the middle control for the dipper? Or do those phoot pedals do something else if it's JD control type.?

Blake
WA

Attachments

• 239691-i-2_B.jpg
    239691-i-2_B.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 654
   / 580B wierd control pic.
Here's the whole pic. of the backhoe just for last.

Blake
WA

Attachments

• 239692-i-1_B.jpg
    239692-i-1_B.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 428
on the JD 710 model that I run, the left pedal as you sit in seat, runs the extenda hoe and the right pedal runs either the twist wrist when doing ditches or the hammer circuit when that is hooked up.

/ 580B wierd control pic. #4  
I would say it's a pedal swing, left large lever only moves to and away to run the lift, and the right runs the crowd and bucket. If you look hard the left lever has no "wobble" ball joints, and the decal only shows one direction. The right lever decal is much wider, showing both actions it provides.

/ 580B wierd control pic. #5  
Blake I believe that pic is a wobble stick, I run one for the county that is set up like that. Case had a funny way they mounted the woble stick controls differint control linkages than Ford JD and Cat. they had there swivel mounts for the bucket and swing control offset to one side. The other posbility is that those are foot rests like the county office has or a the way it has the straight controls from the three stick on a Wobble stick conversion. I havent operated a late model wobble stick Case but on an older model Case I hate wobble sticks. Thats the only bad thing i have to say about any Case is the older wobble sticks. The older case wobble sticks feel too clumsy takes a while for me to get used to them. Thats the only machine i have problems with different controls

/ 580B wierd control pic. #6  
Thats the only machine i have problems with different controls

I have trouble w/ the old 4 stick ford.
A friend of dad's was using his neighbors old ford hoe and couldn't dig so they got me to run it.
I think someone replaced hoses and got handle direction reversed plus 50 yrs of wear and it was a royal PAIN.

/ 580B wierd control pic. #7  
yeah my For haoe is right backwards from a MF and the larger 755 with the 4 stick is totally backwards. Dad taught me to not think about it and you can pick it up faster, now i can go from Wobble stick Ford/ Deere, or Cat, then get on and Excavator, then to crane or Case 3 stick but Cases wobble stick is very awkward to me the controls dont like to work smoothly if you want to boom up and swing or crowd and curl the bucket.
Now everyone offers all sorts of control options, i work for a company part time that Has a 310 Deere 3 stick and a Cat 416 4 stick neither feel right. I call it the bastard Backhoe club.
I worked for and outfit that had 2 TD25 Dressers, one had a decelerator on the left the other and accelerator on the left. one day after dinner the boss wanted me to take over pushing pans. I thought i was a dead man after work i was used to deceleroting before touching the push blocks, instead with the accelerator i was jarring the snot out of the pans. I finally got used to it. Take care Taylor Lambert

/ 580B wierd control pic. #8  
Them operators never seem to be able to see any humour when they get bumped real hard on the stinger.
Did you have to buy beer?

Egon

That is a very weird setup. I've never seen that on a case. I've seen the JD controls, without the foot pedals.

Blake
WA

/ 580B wierd control pic. #10  
They understood they said every one that ran it the first few days did the same it. I kept waiting for one to load up reverse into me lol. I was running a JD762 paddle wheel on a job running with 2 TS14B Terexes. We were in sand that had the consistancy of sugar and mine being onle a 2 wheel drive if i ever spun i sunk. I usually could get out but theis lady the ran a Terex though shed be a pusher one day, SHed run up to ya in 3 gear with a D6H and pile drive ya. My brother had part of the job contracted and told me when she rams you out of the hole load up and reverse. She culdnt get it through her head theat the paddle wheel was a self loader and while i was cutting Blue tops she rammed me again I was loaded and when i raise my bowl i reversed and ran the 6 down when we hit she landed out on the hood of the dozer. From then on shed Decell before she got there.
Das been a dozer man for 46 years and when I ran an open bowl pan and him as a pusher even ith a D8 with a dirt blade I never could feel him bell up. I think the only machine i ll ever have my brother or dad beat on is a crane. I want to learn how to operate a dragline because all the older good Dragliners are getting unable to work. THeres still a few jobs a dragline and clam bucket can do an excavator cant.
Take care Taylor Lambert