how to keep mower deck from collecting grass?

/ how to keep mower deck from collecting grass? #1  

UWAdventurer

Silver Member
What is the best thing to use to keep grass from sticking to a new mower deck? I just got a new BX1860 with a new 54" MMM and I would like to coat it with something to keep grass from sticking to it. I was even wondering about coating it with something like a spray bed liner.

Thoughts anyone?

/ how to keep mower deck from collecting grass? #2  
The local farm supply store will have a graphite based paint that will help. You will need to reapply every year.

Mowing in the afternoon when the grass is dry will do the best. I often mow in the morning when there is still dew (but lower temps) and it clogs up pretty quick.

/ how to keep mower deck from collecting grass? #3  
Coating the paint with car wax may work...

/ how to keep mower deck from collecting grass? #4  
Let it stick, then go find a stand of goldenrod, 1 year growth bushes, or a mound of woodchips to mow. Best cleaners around.:)

/ how to keep mower deck from collecting grass? #5  
The local farm supply store will have a graphite based paint that will help. You will need to reapply every year.

Mowing in the afternoon when the grass is dry will do the best. I often mow in the morning when there is still dew (but lower temps) and it clogs up pretty quick.

I bought the same stuff called mo-deck and I find i have to apply more then once a season. you also have to train yourself NOT to mow when grass is damp and during the hottest part of day so it sticks less, but problem is not everyone has that luxury.

/ how to keep mower deck from collecting grass? #6  
I don't find it necessary. With proper rpm's my deck stays quite clean.
Unless you're routinely mowing very high or wet grass I wouldn稚 be too concerned.

/ how to keep mower deck from collecting grass? #7  
I don't worry about it and mow in all conditions. It usually gets cleaned when/if we take it off in the fall.

/ how to keep mower deck from collecting grass? #8  
What is the best thing to use to keep grass from sticking to a new mower deck? I just got a new BX1860 with a new 54" MMM and I would like to coat it with something to keep grass from sticking to it. I was even wondering about coating it with something like a spray bed liner.

Thoughts anyone?

The three things you can use are cooking spray, www.mowdeck.com and
Fluid Film? | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor

The use of fliud film will penetrate and protect the paint and metal of the mower deck to prevent rust.

/ how to keep mower deck from collecting grass? #9  
Let it stick, then go find a stand of goldenrod, 1 year growth bushes, or a mound of woodchips to mow. Best cleaners around.:)

A bed of pine needles and pine cones work quite well also.:thumbsup:

Greg

/ how to keep mower deck from collecting grass?
I found the graphite based paint (EasySlide, EZ Glide, something like that) at Tractor Supply, I am going to give that a try. I figure it may not keep it from sticking, but may help clean up. I put two coats on the deck yesterday.

Thanks everyone.