Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    LX-176 (not really a tractor)

Just posted these in kubota subforum but: new B2320 w. LP 48" hog. First pic is my grandson standing on side of trail
    I cut. Poplar regrowth in MI. First day if use.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rotary cutting pics-image-1602543942.png   Rotary cutting pics-image-187857081.jpg   Rotary cutting pics-image-1335376190.png  

Tractor
    JD 2520 CUT

Default Re: Rotary cutting pics

Here's a before and after shot taken a year apart. Before was on 07/15/2010 and after on 07/16/2011. Used the Stihl 290 chainsaw on most of the trees/bushes. Removed all the stumps using nothing but bucket and forklifts. Now I just keep it down with the cutter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rotary cutting pics-img_3686.jpg   Rotary cutting pics-img_6288.jpg  
    JD 2520CUT; 62D MMM; 200CX FEL W/61" Bucket; Rhino 148 Cutter; 1800# Forks

Tractor
    none

This is something most don't see while rotary cutting. My neighbor must have really liked the color of my Massey when he picked out his new helicopter. Took this pic after mowing my lower field today.

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. You might meet em both if you show up here not welcome, son."- Josh Thompson.

Tractor
    Foton 82 hp with loader,Ferrari Cobram 65 & Shibaura D23F

Hi Guys,

Love all the pix. You can't beat that feeling at the end of the day. In my case, as I have purchased a run down farm it is land I have never seen before. Once you see it you can decide what you want to do with it.

Video of my new tractor on slopes.

‪Ferrari Cobram 65 Rs Tractor HD‬‏ - YouTube

Cheers Zac

If I want to stand on something flat, I have to stand on the concrete in the shed. Everything else slopes one way or another!

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Redbug View Post
    You guys need some cows!
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I grew up chasing those darned things and fixing fences before and after school and during my summer "vacation" growing up. The only time I want to ever be around another cow is after someone has turned it into a nice steak.

My hat is off to all those who raise them, but it sure ain't gonna be me.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3000

Quote Originally Posted by sldva00 View Post
    Here's a before and after shot taken a year apart. Before was on 07/15/2010 and after on 07/16/2011. Used the Stihl 290 chainsaw on most of the trees/bushes. Removed all the stumps using nothing but bucket and forklifts. Now I just keep it down with the cutter.
    What a difference!!
    Good job

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3000

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I grew up chasing those darned things and fixing fences before and after school and during my summer "vacation" growing up. The only time I want to ever be around another cow is after someone has turned it into a nice steak.

My hat is off to all those who raise them, but it sure ain't gonna be me.
    My sentiments, exactly!

The city kids had vacations, we didn't.
    While they were sitting in their back yards drinking tea and listening to the Ballad Of Davy Crockett, I was helping cut and put up our hay, then helping neighbors put up theirs getting stung by sweat bees and other varmints.
    Dehorning, castrating, butchering, chasing cattle that got through the fence, and that was just a fraction of the fun of raising livestock.

Now, i enjoy just sitting back, letting others do it (while I rub liniment on my joints and reminisce).

Tractor
    kubota M7040 &m7040

Not much green stuff to mow around here!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rotary cutting pics-shredding1.jpg   Rotary cutting pics-shredding2.jpg   Rotary cutting pics-shredding3.jpg   Rotary cutting pics-5040-ds1440.jpg  

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by eastexan View Post
    My sentiments, exactly!

The city kids had vacations, we didn't.
    While they were sitting in their back yards drinking tea and listening to the Ballad Of Davy Crockett, I was helping cut and put up our hay, then helping neighbors put up theirs getting stung by sweat bees and other varmints.
    Dehorning, castrating, butchering, chasing cattle that got through the fence, and that was just a fraction of the fun of raising livestock.

Now, i enjoy just sitting back, letting others do it (while I rub liniment on my joints and reminisce).
    You forgot hauling hay at night and picking up bales with snakes in them, digging post holes, moving fences, clearing fence rows, getting the snot shocked out of you because there was always someone, dad/brother who thought it was funny to see what happened when they put the surveyors tape up against a live fence.

Oh man, I think I am getting PTSD or something, I gotta go lie down.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    kubota M7040 &m7040

I enjoy the cattle,hay baling,etc. Only 31 but have been doing it since I can remember I figure when I cant do it anymore I have 2 sons (9) and (2) they can pick up were I left off. I think it keeps me in shape and out of trouble and a very good learning and teaching aid for my kids growing up. I dont think of it as a job but a hobby that my family enjoys doing everyday!!! We still have real vacations(6flags,etc.)

You got to wild of cows if they keep tearing the fences up (time for sale barn)!!All my cattle can be hand feed and a sack of feed they are in the corral(no horses needed)!! I have gave my boys 2 cows(piece) and put the money from there calfs back every year towards(college).

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast