Rotary cutting pics

/ Rotary cutting pics #31  
Great pics from everyone!

I'm all cut this year, or I'd add something..

I have to cut every year. There is no shortage of rocks in the field, some probably the size of a VW. Unfortunately, like an iceberg, 90% "submerged," but they manage to push themselves up a bit more every spring. I can't let things get too overgrown or I won't be able to see what's goin' on...

Very enjoyable thread!

P.S.

The slip clutch on my Woods Bush hog has saved my bacon more than once!

/ Rotary cutting pics #32  
Great pics from everyone!

I'm all cut this year, or I'd add something..

I have to cut every year. There is no shortage of rocks in the field, some probably the size of a VW. Unfortunately, like an iceberg, 90% "submerged," but they manage to push themselves up a bit more every spring. I can't let things get too overgrown or I won't be able to see what's goin' on...

Very enjoyable thread!

P.S.

The slip clutch on my Woods Bush hog has saved my bacon more than once!

Ditto on the slip-clutch. I'd rather not think of all the shear-pins I may have had to replace by now... and this is only the second year with the RC! :eek:

Joe

/ Rotary cutting pics #33  
I enjoy the cattle,hay baling,etc. Only 31 but have been doing it since I can remember I figure when I cant do it anymore I have 2 sons (9) and (2) they can pick up were I left off. I think it keeps me in shape and out of trouble and a very good learning and teaching aid for my kids growing up. I don't think of it as a job but a hobby that my family enjoys doing everyday!!! We still have real vacations(6flags,etc.)

You got to wild of cows if they keep tearing the fences up (time for sale barn)!!All my cattle can be hand feed and a sack of feed they are in the corral(no horses needed)!! I have gave my boys 2 cows(piece) and put the money from there calves back every year towards(college).

I am glad that it is working out for you and I agree it will instill a good work ethic in your kids.

/ Rotary cutting pics #34  
You forgot hauling hay at night and picking up bales with snakes in them, digging post holes, moving fences, clearing fence rows, getting the snot shocked out of you because there was always someone, dad/brother who thought it was funny to see what happened when they put the surveyors tape up against a live fence.:shocked:

Oh man, I think I am getting PTSD or something, I gotta go lie down.:confused2:

:laughing::laughing:
Yeah, gotta love those baled up snakes and saw briers. Nothing better than to grab a bale with a snake sqashed in it. :eek:
Or, break open a bale in the wintertime to feed the cows and there would be a mummyfied snake corpse. :)

And sometimes forgetting to turn off the electric fencer before going over to the field to feed the cows and touching the wire with cold fingers. :mur:

/ Rotary cutting pics #35  
You got to wild of cows if they keep tearing the fences up (time for sale barn)!!All my cattle can be hand feed and a sack of feed they are in the corral(no horses needed)!! I have gave my boys 2 cows(piece) and put the money from there calfs back every year towards(college).

Some of our best milk cows back in the day, were the onryest. But when that's your only way of making a living you have to put up with them.
The bulls were the main problem. When they wanted to get over to the neighbors cows or fight the neighbor's bull, that's usually when the fence would get knocked down. If we seen it in time, we would get him over to another pasture. :)

/ Rotary cutting pics #36  
Some of our best milk cows back in the day, were the onryest. But when that's your only way of making a living you have to put up with them.
The bulls were the main problem. When they wanted to get over to the neighbors cows or fight the neighbor's bull, that's usually when the fence would get knocked down. If we seen it in time, we would get him over to another pasture. :)

That would be my neighbors bull,wouldnt be u would it:laughing:

/ Rotary cutting pics #37  
Foreman ETexas...Your 4th pic...That's got to be one of the larger bush hogs I have seen in a while. Your tractor will run it OK? Just normal stuff...not like the tall stuff shown.

/ Rotary cutting pics #38  
Foreman ETexas...Your 4th pic...That's got to be one of the larger bush hogs I have seen in a while. Your tractor will run it OK? Just normal stuff...not like the tall stuff shown.

Yeah it will run it no problem in the lighter stuff,truthfully I never have even tried it on the stuff my bigger tractor is pictured in. I have a 8ft I usually have behind the 5040 but I used that one until my 8ft came in to mow the trails and my yard and cleaning up the pasture beside my house,just to see if it would

/ Rotary cutting pics #39  
5040 and ds rear view.JPG Its a DS1440 suppost to be a(144in".) 12ft but is more like a 13+ft............

/ Rotary cutting pics #40  
My dad brush hogging with my tractor several weeks back.

Attachments

• IMG_2120.jpg
    IMG_2120.jpg
    738.6 KB · Views: 377