Rotary cutting pics

/ Rotary cutting pics #41  
That would be my neighbors bull,wouldnt be u would it:laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

NO, thank goodness!! :laughing:
The only onery things I have around anymore, (besides the wife), are my 2 dogs. And all 3 of them won't mind me. :mur:

/ Rotary cutting pics #42  
I was bush hogging today when this showed up to help.

/ Rotary cutting pics #45  
Here are a couple of my dad playing on my tractor...

Attachments

• image-3032159439.png
    image-3032159439.png
    966.4 KB · Views: 325
  • image-3110994418.png
    image-3110994418.png
    867.3 KB · Views: 242
  • image-2160874201.png
    image-2160874201.png
    873 KB · Views: 337
  • image-2258440545.png
    image-2258440545.png
    884.4 KB · Views: 248
  • image-1270131508.png
    image-1270131508.png
    882.4 KB · Views: 224
   / Rotary cutting pics #46  
I see most here are mowing with the FEL still on. Is this for weight and balance purposes? I usually mow with a JD4320 pulling a 15' hog and would think that the loader would be in the way of a good view...

By JD4320, I mean the old, large machine with the Deere 404 turbocharged six :thumbsup:

/ Rotary cutting pics #47  
Here are a couple of my dad playing on my tractor...

Looks like your dad is running the rotary mower while in reverse, true?

I have read that isn't a good idea. I guess the fear would be throwing stuff at yourself?
ac

/ Rotary cutting pics #48  
Looks like your dad is running the rotary mower while in reverse, true?

I have read that isn't a good idea. I guess the fear would be throwing stuff at yourself?
ac

Yes he is, he goes back and forth, side to side, just about every which way. I keep clear when he is running it :laughing:

Actually that whole field is nothing but grass. There isn't a rock or stump in it and really no danger of mowing in reverse. I personally don't, just because I get a sore neck pretty quickly. But your right, in general, it's not a good idea to mow in reverse.

/ Rotary cutting pics #49  
That sure was nice!!!:thumbsup:

It sure was, I was just about finished at that location, but he went along the edges with the bat wing and got further under the trees than I could with my 6' and also got down to the water's edge. He had already mowed two other levies and roadside. :thumbsup:

I had a 4 acre patch to do that you can't get a bigger tractor in, so I went up and mowed that. I still have a bit of trimming to do.

Joe is one of the family members who rents our farm and he fixed our barn this year in addition to repairing a really bad levy washout. I am constantly amazed at how good of an operator he is.

I see most here are mowing with the FEL still on. Is this for weight and balance purposes? I usually mow with a JD4320 pulling a 15' hog and would think that the loader would be in the way of a good view...

By JD4320, I mean the old, large machine with the Deere 404 turbocharged six :thumbsup:

If I am mowing flat or rolling land, I remove my loader, but in the hills, I need the weight of the FEL. The ride is better and of course visibility. I am taking the FEL off my 5030 this morning.

Of course sometimes I go out to move rock or dig dirt and wind up mowing something along the way.

/ Rotary cutting pics #50  

I leave my FEL on for weight and balance, and to push over saplings. If I carry the bucket very low, it can also alert me to the presence of rocks by scraping over them before reaching the cutter.