Rotary cutting pics

/ Rotary cutting pics #1  

rattletrap

Tractor
New Holland T2310
Hello everyone!
I just figured I'd share some mowing pics with you all. This is a piece I own that has been growing in for about 10 years or so. I like seeing pics of this kind of activity so feel free to post your pics, and I will have more to add as things progress.

Attachments

• mowing 002.jpg
    mowing 002.jpg
    866.7 KB · Views: 1,303
  • mowing 003.jpg
    mowing 003.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,281
  • mowing 004.jpg
    mowing 004.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,249
  • mowing 005.jpg
    mowing 005.jpg
    900.6 KB · Views: 1,384
   / Rotary cutting pics #2  
Looks like some slow-going there. I find mowing the pasture to be the most enjoyable of my tractor experiences. Glad I don't have any trees to cut though....

I also enjoy seeing pictures of other's mowing jobs. Thanks for posting.

Attachments

• IMG_3433.jpg
    IMG_3433.jpg
    1,009 KB · Views: 1,332
  • IMG_3436.jpg
    IMG_3436.jpg
    1,000.5 KB · Views: 1,035
  • IMG_3443.jpg
    IMG_3443.jpg
    746.4 KB · Views: 1,022
   / Rotary cutting pics #3  
Very nice, rattletrap! Looks like my pastures when I first got the farm. What cutter do you have?

Joe

/ Rotary cutting pics #4  
Here are some new and some repeats.

/ Rotary cutting pics
Yeah, mowing tag alders is tedious work. You have to crawl through them slow and easy. I was whacking through a real thick section that had mostly .5"-1" stems. If you get in a hurry there's alot of snipes left standing and I don't intend on driving through my pass again till next year... way too much tire bait sticking up for my liking. Things went very well till I started gnawing on a clump of 2" stuff. I was doing ok and creeping along making plenty of noise and mulch and then the tail-wheel found a hole. Shear-bolt did it's job at least lol
I wouldn't have done it with a gear drive tractor, or at least not very easily. With the hydro I can creep along so slow that the motor doesn't even labor, other than a 1 second snort once in a while when a clump gets sucked in.
I am cutting with an old I.M.C.O. 5' brush hog. If I'm just mowing tall grass I can't tell it's behind me. I'm saving up some money for a 6' hog with slip-clutch and stump-jumper.
Keep them pics coming! :)

/ Rotary cutting pics #6  
Nice pics. I love cutting that thick stuff, gives one a sense of accomplishment!

/ Rotary cutting pics
Nice pics. I love cutting that thick stuff, gives one a sense of accomplishment!

I know the feeling. You can look at the area after you're done and get a smile on your face, knowing you've made a visible improvement.
I also lose track of time easily when whacking brush.... I'll figure on cutting for an hour or so and end up cutting for 3 or 4!

/ Rotary cutting pics #8  
These are some pics of somebody's place I mowed last year, it sure grows fast
It really should be cut more often but they pay by the hour so I cut when they call.
I cut a path backing in so I could get a good pic,I have cut it twice before so I know there are no obstacles in the way, but I always cut with the bucket close to the ground, just in case

Attachments

• image-3498024239.jpg
    image-3498024239.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 970
  • image-242746816.jpg
    image-242746816.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 675
   / Rotary cutting pics #9  
These are some pics of somebody's place I mowed last year, it sure grows fast
It really should be cut more often but they pay by the hour so I cut when they call.
I cut a path backing in so I could get a good pic,I have cut it twice before so I know there are no obstacles in the way, but I always cut with the bucket close to the ground, just in case

That's a great couple of pics. I like how they are both from the same spot. Easy to see the difference. Nice work!

/ Rotary cutting pics #10  
Nothing like fresh mowed grass......pretty. Wish we had something to mow....just brown & dusty.

Charlie