Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    New Holland T2310

Default Rotary cutting pics

Hello everyone!
    I just figured I'd share some mowing pics with you all. This is a piece I own that has been growing in for about 10 years or so. I like seeing pics of this kind of activity so feel free to post your pics, and I will have more to add as things progress.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rotary cutting pics-mowing-002-jpg   Rotary cutting pics-mowing-003-jpg   Rotary cutting pics-mowing-004-jpg   Rotary cutting pics-mowing-005-jpg  
    08 New Holland T2310 hydro

Tractor
    John Deere 2520, 1989 John Deere 185, 1960 Panzer T70B

Default Re: Rotary cutting pics

Looks like some slow-going there. I find mowing the pasture to be the most enjoyable of my tractor experiences. Glad I don't have any trees to cut though....

I also enjoy seeing pictures of other's mowing jobs. Thanks for posting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rotary cutting pics-img_3433-jpg   Rotary cutting pics-img_3436-jpg   Rotary cutting pics-img_3443-jpg  
    Runner

Tractor
    Fordson Major Diesel, McCormick Deering W4, Ford 1510, John Deere L111

Very nice, rattletrap! Looks like my pastures when I first got the farm. What cutter do you have?

Joe
    Joe

Fordson Major Diesel: Case 3-bottom Trip Plow, Case 12' Trip Field Cultivator, Kewanee 130 Disc, John Deere 1209 Mower Conditioner, John Deere 594LW Side Delivery Rake, New Holland Hayliner 273 Baler, 18' Spike-Tooth Harrow
    Ford 1510: Du-Al 105 Loader, "The Thumb" Grapple, Bush Hog RBC60 Rear Blade, Woods HC54 Rotary Cutter, Tarter 5' Heavy-Duty Hinge Back Box Blade, Buhler Farm King Y600 Snowblower

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Here are some new and some repeats.

Tractor
    New Holland T2310

Yeah, mowing tag alders is tedious work. You have to crawl through them slow and easy. I was whacking through a real thick section that had mostly .5"-1" stems. If you get in a hurry there's alot of snipes left standing and I don't intend on driving through my pass again till next year... way too much tire bait sticking up for my liking. Things went very well till I started gnawing on a clump of 2" stuff. I was doing ok and creeping along making plenty of noise and mulch and then the tail-wheel found a hole. Shear-bolt did it's job at least lol
    I wouldn't have done it with a gear drive tractor, or at least not very easily. With the hydro I can creep along so slow that the motor doesn't even labor, other than a 1 second snort once in a while when a clump gets sucked in.
    I am cutting with an old I.M.C.O. 5' brush hog. If I'm just mowing tall grass I can't tell it's behind me. I'm saving up some money for a 6' hog with slip-clutch and stump-jumper.
    Keep them pics coming!

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    LX-176 (not really a tractor)

Nice pics. I love cutting that thick stuff, gives one a sense of accomplishment!

Tractor
    New Holland T2310

Quote Originally Posted by Stubee View Post
    Nice pics. I love cutting that thick stuff, gives one a sense of accomplishment!
    I know the feeling. You can look at the area after you're done and get a smile on your face, knowing you've made a visible improvement.
    I also lose track of time easily when whacking brush.... I'll figure on cutting for an hour or so and end up cutting for 3 or 4!

These are some pics of somebody's place I mowed last year, it sure grows fast
    It really should be cut more often but they pay by the hour so I cut when they call.
    I cut a path backing in so I could get a good pic,I have cut it twice before so I know there are no obstacles in the way, but I always cut with the bucket close to the ground, just in case
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rotary cutting pics-image-3498024239-jpg   Rotary cutting pics-image-242746816-jpg  

Tractor
    Kubota L3240HST-3, Hustler Fastrak 54" ZTR

Quote Originally Posted by Degolyerent View Post
    These are some pics of somebody's place I mowed last year, it sure grows fast
    It really should be cut more often but they pay by the hour so I cut when they call.
    I cut a path backing in so I could get a good pic,I have cut it twice before so I know there are no obstacles in the way, but I always cut with the bucket close to the ground, just in case
    That's a great couple of pics. I like how they are both from the same spot. Easy to see the difference. Nice work!
    L3240 HST-3, R4s loaded with Rim Guard, LA724 FEL with 72" quick attach bucket, 3rd function valve for loader, Sunshade, Woods BB60X rotary cutter, Woods 65" box blade, Land Pride GS1572 grading scraper, Quick Hitch.

2011 Hustler Fastrak 54" deck Pics
    Brinly 42" lawn sweeper

Tractor
    Kubota M7040SU 2010

Nothing like fresh mowed grass......pretty. Wish we had something to mow....just brown & dusty.

Charlie
    M7040 SUD,
    LA1153 FEL
    Rino 272 Shredder
    Land Pride 6ft Box Blade
    Hay Spear

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast