3-Point Hitch Question about 3 point lift

/ Question about 3 point lift #1  

Bobby R

Silver Member
Tractor
1972 Ford 2000
I've been trying to use a dirt scoop on my Ford 2000. Everything works fine except my lift won't raise the scoop quiet high enough to dump the dirt out. I have to back up and make the tractor push the scoop upright enough for it to dump which causes double the time and work. It only needs to raise about 2 or 3 inches higher. I'm wondering is this typical of a Ford 2000, or should my lift raise it higher than it does? There are no adjustments other than the top link and it only effects the angle of the scoop to go deeper or more shallow. Any ideas?

/ Question about 3 point lift #2  
Can you post pictures of the scoop & tractor? What make is the scoop? The vertical distance from the lower link hitch pins to the top link pin should be right at 18".

/ Question about 3 point lift #3  
On my MF135 there's a transport position, I have to go past the detented full up position but it gives another 4-6 inches of height on mine. Not sure if your tractor would have that or not.

/ Question about 3 point lift
The scoop is pretty old and I don't know what brand it is. I've already taken it back to my brother-in-law's (had it borrowed) so I'll have to go back there to take a picture. My brother-in-law uses the scoop on his Ford 3050 and it raises the scoop plenty high enough to dump the dirt like it's supposed to. I'll go back the first chance I get and see if I can learn the brand and take a measurement from lower pins to upper pin. Thanks for your replies.

/ Question about 3 point lift #5  
If your lower link arms have holes in them and there is one that you can move the links closer to the tractor. That well lift it higher. If not you could drill some about 2 to 3" closer to the tractor if you want.

/ Question about 3 point lift #6  
Bobby R
I told you wrong. They have to go out away from tractor. Sorry about that!!!!