3-Point Hitch brush hog

/ brush hog #1  

tjferns

Tractor
kubota bx23
I have a bx23 and would like to get a brush hog for it what size would work will for it. Thanks

/ brush hog #2  
According to TractorData, it has a lift capacity of 680 pounds and 16.7hp at the PTO. That will limit what you can do. According to Rhino's website, a 4' is all it can handle, and you're going to be pushing it with that. Look at the weight and PTO requirements: RHINO | Single Spindle | 100 Series (Medium Duty)

I know the cutter weighs only 410#, but your lift capacity is 680# @ 24" from the lift arm. That cutter is over 5' long, so that reduces what the lift can pick up. Hope that's not too confusing. Also, when you only have barely more than the required minimum PTO hp, you can't cut very thick or very high vegitation. You may have to take just part of the width at a pass if you're in heavy stuff.

/ brush hog
thanks that helps a bunch

/ brush hog #4  
You may want to consider a 42" bush hog as well. They are a bit harder to find but it may suit your subcompact tractor a little bit better than a 4ft will.

/ brush hog #7  
you can usually find a 'XB' line of king kutter and they have 44" and perhaps 48" cutters I've seen some with dual tail wheels.

soundguy

/ brush hog #8  
I have a bx23 and would like to get a brush hog for it what size would work will for it. Thanks

I ran a 4-ft King Cutter hog on my 2005 Kubota B7510HST. Worked fine. No problem with the 3pt lifting the hog or the pto spinning it. I was able to bog the Bota down in 4-ft tall weeds.

/ brush hog #9  
I'm gonna piggy back on this thread, since the subject doesn't limit it to the smaller tractor. I've got a JD 4720 and need to clear some ground of sagebrush. Some of the "trunks" are over 2" thick, but I don' think there are any thicker than 4".

Any suggestions?

/ brush hog #10  
Running a 5' Mowhawk Brave behind my L3700SU I have cut stuff over 3", but not on purpose. :eek: I have suffered no ill effect so far, ie no bending, breaking, stalling. It makes a racket and sometimes leaves ragged and twisted tree remains strewn about.

My mower manual states it is rated up to 1 1/2 inch material and I tend to keep it under 2 inches whenever possible. On two occasions there was larger stuff hidden in the midst of the tightly packed saplings I did not notice until they came out the other end.

My official advise is to adhere strictly to the manual limitations and warnings. Do not do what I and others have done, it might be dangerous. :D