The World According to Monsanto

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / The World According to Monsanto #12  
We all eat food derived from RR crops. All of us. If you would provide links from credible sources it would help your cause, but I doubt they exist. The funny thing is, glyphoste is far safer than most alternative herbicides but you ignore them because they don’t have a big name behind them.

/ The World According to Monsanto #13  
The fact that Monsanto would not speak for themselves when given the chance and prefers that we get the word from their public relations agents says volumes about the numerous indictments brought to light in the film.

I disagree. The fact that they weren't willing to give statements to an obviously-biased interviewer with total editorial control of the final product shows that they know how media works. I don't talk to reporters either, and for much the same reason: he who controls the edit decks controls the final word.

/ The World According to Monsanto #14  
Monsanto wants to control the world's food supply through control of the seed used for food crops, ie "Terminator" seeds, which means they don't actually produce viable seeds of their own. They want to have farmers buy new seed every year from them...very profitable for them, eh.

But does this trait exist? Or is it just rumor. I don't think it exists.

People haven't saved seed from crops like corn for as long as hybrid seed has been used. Open pollinated corn is still available to those that want to save their own seed.

If a farmer wants to save his own soybean seed he can plant a non GMO seed and keep as much as he wants.

/ The World According to Monsanto #15  
You can watch this on YouTube as well.

Rememeber. For entertainment purposes only.

/ The World According to Monsanto #16  

People haven't saved seed from crops like corn for as long as hybrid seed has been used. Open pollinated corn is still available to those that want to save their own seed.

If a farmer wants to save his own soybean seed he can plant a non GMO seed and keep as much as he wants.

I believe Monsanto was suing farmers who had not bought Monsanto seed, but who's corn was pollinated by a neighboring farm's field of Monsanto crop. So, yes, if a farmer wants to save his own corn seed he can plant a non GMO seed and keep as much as he wants, until Monsanto takes his farm in court. In many ways very large corporations are not so very different from very large governments in their ability to get things very wrong while insisting that they are absolutely right.

/ The World According to Monsanto #17  
I believe Monsanto was suing farmers who had not bought Monsanto seed, but who's corn was pollinated by a neighboring farm's field of Monsanto crop.

Or these are guys that illegally kept seed from a GMO crop. I think this is most likely the case.

If it as you say it is the seed producers job to isolate his crop. This is the case whether your neighbors crop is a GMO or not.

/ The World According to Monsanto #18  

Actually Monsanto sued, and won, in Canadian court against farmers who did just that. The problem was, their fields became contaminated with windblown Monsanto pollen, conferring the GMO traits to their otherwise pristine crops. Monsanto took them to court for theft and use of their product; even though the farmers did nothing to deliberately or intentionally pick up those traits. Basically ruined their businesses. For that alone I'm willing to burn Monsanto to the ground and execute every one of their managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.