The World According to Monsanto

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / The World According to Monsanto #31  
We all eat food derived from RR crops. All of us. If you would provide links from credible sources it would help your cause, but I doubt they exist. The funny thing is, glyphoste is far safer than most alternative herbicides but you ignore them because they don稚 have a big name behind them.

Nearest thing to fact i've read yet on this thread !

/ The World According to Monsanto #32  
If the president can issue an executive order and override the congress or senate, the your arguement in any form is mute.

As I said, there was an executive order, in the last 2 years..........that makes all your arguements null and void.

If you read the link I posted, and think on how to do a proper search on google or yahoo...........you will understand.

The main problem is that most people don't know how to properly search subjects.

Executive order/GMO

You are right, if can't convince you that the president is an elected official I guess there is no argument I can give which will change your mind.

The executive order said that GMO seeds would be considered the same as normal seeds and didn't need regulation. There is nothing preventing people from doing experiments and presenting the data. If you feel there really is a huge issue you are more than able to get some GMO seeds and conduct your own experiments. Post all of your data here and how you did the experiments by the scientific method and I will be more than happy to listen.

As for the searching on the Internet it really only took a moment to find that 95% of the issues having to do with the GM seeds comes from either Greenpeace, Stephen Lendman or William F. Engdahl. The last two who seem to write a lot of the same type of books.

Looking up facts I was going to post about 20 links to research which didn't find any issues. (There are tons and tons of studies which didn't find anything wrong, in America and Europe.) I figured no one would wade through all of the links though. The research projects that I did find find which showed an issue, always had problems in the experiment. Other scientists would point out flaws in the experiment or when repeated couldn't get the same results.

Looking at the link that you posted they site the flawed research. There is a lot of controversy around the tests, Arpad Pusztai has a huge amount of controversy just to pick one name to search for, as in they are not even sure he did the experiment. I would really like to see some credible data and numbers that could be repeated.

From what I could dig up over 90% of our corn, soybeans and canola are all modified. We should have been seeing the mass sterilization of animals and people as cited in your link.

I am not saying that GMO's are great and the end all be all and not even a good thing, but they are not the plague that you seem to think they are. Your cup is full though and I am sure there is nothing I could add to fill it so no sense in me carrying on.

/ The World According to Monsanto #33  
Kind of like global warming, if GM crops were so bad we'd see people dying young or developing unusual diseases. Who are you going to believe, the producers of a TV show, or your lying eyes?

/ The World According to Monsanto #34  
You are right, if can't convince you that the president is an elected official I guess there is no argument I can give which will change your mind.

The executive order said that GMO seeds would be considered the same as normal seeds and didn't need regulation. There is nothing preventing people from doing experiments and presenting the data. If you feel there really is a huge issue you are more than able to get some GMO seeds and conduct your own experiments. Post all of your data here and how you did the experiments by the scientific method and I will be more than happy to listen.

As for the searching on the Internet it really only took a moment to find that 95% of the issues having to do with the GM seeds comes from either Greenpeace, Stephen Lendman or William F. Engdahl. The last two who seem to write a lot of the same type of books.

Looking up facts I was going to post about 20 links to research which didn't find any issues. (There are tons and tons of studies which didn't find anything wrong, in America and Europe.) I figured no one would wade through all of the links though. The research projects that I did find find which showed an issue, always had problems in the experiment. Other scientists would point out flaws in the experiment or when repeated couldn't get the same results.

Looking at the link that you posted they site the flawed research. There is a lot of controversy around the tests, Arpad Pusztai has a huge amount of controversy just to pick one name to search for, as in they are not even sure he did the experiment. I would really like to see some credible data and numbers that could be repeated.

From what I could dig up over 90% of our corn, soybeans and canola are all modified. We should have been seeing the mass sterilization of animals and people as cited in your link.

I am not saying that GMO's are great and the end all be all and not even a good thing, but they are not the plague that you seem to think they are. Your cup is full though and I am sure there is nothing I could add to fill it so no sense in me carrying on.

Agreed 110%!

With the numbers of people who WANT to find a conspiracy under every rock they turn over, there's more money in writing books, making videos, even doing "university studies" that cry foul at every new technology. In the video, a point was raised regarding how easy it is to do studies where you BEGIN with the "facts" as you want your conclusion to read, then work your way backwards....How ironic the accusers bring up that point.....When that's EXACTLY what they have done. Finding enough lemmings to dupe into BELIEVING those conclusions is apparently easier than I first thought.

Just for sh1ts & giggles, take a look at how much money Greenpeace rakes in every year, and how much their officers earn.....It's all about creating a void then filling it....with money.

I'm less than a year away from finishing work on a Masters in Crop & Soil Science. I've participated in several research projects in which the risks of gmo's were the subject of the study.... There's a FACT that goes completely disregarded by opponents of GMO's... There are NO.....NONE.....ZERO....INDEPENDENT, UNBIASED, IMPARTIAL STUDIES that find any PROVEN health risk from the growth, storage, shipment, use, or further development of GMO's....Just more National Enquirer style special interest skewed-for-profit tree hugger propaganda. ....Just rumors, innuendo, unsubstantiated accusations, "non science", and disinformation....OR.....Hundreds (if not thousands) of unbiased, independent studies that find them as safe, if not safer than non gmo crops.

Not to say I believe EVERYTHING Monsanto has to say, just saying NO ONE with an impartial reputation seems to be able to validate any of the bogus claims of the opposition...And NO ONE can find any legitimate risk's....

And about the patent lawsuits Monsanto wins.....Prisons are full of innocent men....Just because a few farmers who lost in open court can still go on camera and profess their innocence, does that make it so? Are you really that gullible? OJ still insist's he's innocent. Do you believe THAT too?

The idea that our government is behind some big dark secret campaign to poison the word is so ridiculous, I can't even address those who lay claim to that....I'm not going to dignify that claim by arguing the point. Just double up on your tin foil boys..... ;)

And I'm gonna guess many of you believe ANYTHING you see on TV or read on the internet. If so, can birds really paint a tunnel on the side of a mountain and disappear into the tunnel before the train comes out and runs over the coyote?

This video is full of "what ifs", "could be's", "we think's", and "might be's"..... NO proven facts....Just innuendo and propaganda regarding gmo's.

Be careful boys....The Boogyman is living under your bed!!!! ;) The moon is made of green cheese....

Last edited:
   / The World According to Monsanto #35  

I never said they were a plague.

I said that an elected official deemed that the GMO seeds, were the same as natural seed. And that executive order has kept proper testing from being done to food derived from those seeds.

Not to mention that there were patents issued for the seeds. Patents are only issued for things that are signifigantly different from something else.

To anyone that understands a little about science, patents, and politics.......that smells to high heaven.

Are GMO products safe...........I dunno..........not enough testing has been done. I can say that according to the news(and thats all the channels), there have been dramatic increases in all types of cancers over the past ten years or more. Something is causing it.

/ The World According to Monsanto #36  
I never said they were a plague.

I said that an elected official deemed that the GMO seeds, were the same as natural seed. And that executive order has kept proper testing from being done to food derived from those seeds.

Not to mention that there were patents issued for the seeds. Patents are only issued for things that are signifigantly different from something else.

To anyone that understands a little about science, patents, and politics.......that smells to high heaven.

Are GMO products safe...........I dunno..........not enough testing has been done. I can say that according to the news(and thats all the channels), there have been dramatic increases in all types of cancers over the past ten years or more. Something is causing it.

There's been an ever increasing rate of cancers for the last 50 years....Maybe beyond that time frame....Roughly the time when plastics came into vogue... Roughly the time when a zillion things entered our everyday lives.....Soccer has become more popular in the US in the last 10 years, and there's just about as much tying that to the increase in cancer rates....Your argument has about as much bite as the criteria for women being witches during the Salem witch hunt days...."When placed in a fire' they burn....Therefore, they must be made of wood"....

/ The World According to Monsanto #37  
There's been an ever increasing rate of cancers for the last 50 years....Maybe beyond that time frame....Roughly the time when plastics came into vogue... Roughly the time when a zillion things entered our everyday lives.....Soccer has become more popular in the US in the last 10 years, and there's just about as much tying that to the increase in cancer rates....Your argument has about as much bite as the criteria for women being witches during the Salem witch hunt days...."When placed in a fire' they burn....Therefore, they must be made of wood"....
Problem is, It ain't my arguement:
Theories/Speculation
According to the Action Bioscience Organization, genetically modified crops can potentially cause unknown allergic reactions, and genetically modified soybeans that were tested had an increase in allergen content

Read more: Are GMO Foods Safe to Eat? | eHow.com Are GMO Foods Safe to Eat? | eHow.com

/ The World According to Monsanto #38  
If it wouldn't be for things like this:

He believed in the promise of GM foods, was commissioned to study them, and conducted the first ever independent one on them anywhere. Like other researchers since, he was shocked by his findings. Rats fed GM potatoes had smaller livers, hearts, testicles and brains, damaged immune systems, and showed structural changes in their white blood cells making them more vulnerable to infection and disease compared to other rats fed non-GMO potatoes.
[QUOTE/]

Might wanna keep those away from any polar bears you find floating off the shores of The Keys.

/ The World According to Monsanto #39  
Problem is, It ain't my arguement:
Theories/Speculation
According to the Action Bioscience Organization, genetically modified crops can potentially cause unknown allergic reactions, and genetically modified soybeans that were tested had an increase in allergen content

Read more: Are GMO Foods Safe to Eat? | eHow.com Are GMO Foods Safe to Eat? | eHow.com

So quoting one of those "skewed-for-profit" "studies" is the best you can do?

Notice words like "potentially" and "unknown"......Then google "Innuendo", followed by "lemming".....

/ The World According to Monsanto #40  
So quoting one of those "skewed-for-profit" "studies" is the best you can do?

Notice words like "potentially" and "unknown"......Then google "Innuendo", followed by "lemming".....
I think you are totally misinderstanding my take on GMO foods.

Everything I've said is right on target:

Not to mention that there were patents issued for the seeds. Patents are only issued for things that are signifigantly different from something else. [QOUTE/]

These are facts, not heresay.

Status
Not open for further replies.