Oil & Fuel Diesel break-in

/ Diesel break-in #31  
Must have done something right if all the oil had to come out of the drain plug.

The type of oil, breakin period, rpm and loading for breaking in have so many options as to resemble a book of fairy tales.

The best way to handle all this information is to form a committe to determine the absoulte best solutions. But while waiting for the report best do what you think is best cause the wait may be a long time .

Egon

/ Diesel break-in #32  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The best way to handle all this information is to form a committe... )</font>

Before we can go forward on this we need to put together a task team to form a committe. The committe will then assess all the past information and ideas on engine breakin and why they were scrapped. Then a sub committe can be formed to explore the validity of current breakin procedures and thier benfits. Once that is completed a new committe will be assigned to assess the benfits and procedures of the current breakin process' that are in place. The existing committies will not be disbanded as they can advise and provide insight toward future processes.

Signed "Enter your favorite Sentaors name here"

/ Diesel break-in
<font color="blue"> I didn't say " cheapest oil available", I said "cheapest oil that will meet specs". </font>

Sorry for the mis-quote. You are not far off. I read on the Frontier link in an earlier message that you can use oils of a lesser spec if break-in oil is not available. Given a choice, I'd go ahead and use the specialy break-in oil just so I could show the receipt if something went wrong with a tractor under warranty.

/ Diesel break-in
I have already applied for the Federal grant funding. I'll let you know how that goes... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Diesel break-in #35  
We will also need a way to fund the committes. I suggest that we add a 10 cents a gallon tax to fuel to pay for this. Of course, like all taxes, we will eliminate the tax when we are finished with the project. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Diesel break-in #36  
And of course like regulating bodies everywhere, we will of course exempt ourselves from the tax we apply on everyone else...

/ Diesel break-in
...and the exemption should apply to members of our immediate and removed families. But they will be adjunct staffers to the committee anyway, so I guess all we need to do is exempt the committee and staffers. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Diesel break-in #38  
Oh joy, you guys have fully surpassed my expectations but I should not have expected less from TBN tractor elitist.

"We will also need a way to fund the committes. I suggest that we add a 10 cents a gallon tax to fuel to pay for this."

I suggest instead we tax the snake oil--wait--the special break-in oil that is like cheap oil except it meets specs whereas cheap oil does not but will do as well but may void warranty while snake oil--oops--wait--I mean break-it oil will not void warrantys but might cost more than cheap oil especially if granted a special John Deere part number even if it has been rebadged--wait that is Yanamar that is rebadged--drats, I am loosing my focus here /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifand --well---I am glad this has all been cleared up. Now, uh, on that commitee thing for the Preservation of the Freedom to Pay More for Less even if it has a Special Part Number for the Oil commitee--how do I get in on that Federal grant? We could study this for decades and yet always need but another study to reach a conclusion. Focus Groups anyone? Howabout a support group?--uh, like something along the lines of "Break-in Oil Addicts United Against Cheap Oil Substitutes"
Hey, just messing with y'all /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.
J, born to be a skeptic

/ Diesel break-in
<font color="blue"> support group?--uh, like something along the lines of "Break-in Oil Addicts United Against Cheap Oil Substitutes"
</font>

J.,

That group actually has splintered and the addicts have adopted a twelve-step recovery program method, while the Cheap Oil Substitue Sub-committee will return to its deliberations after the spring break ends in mid-July. The per-diem salary vote took place in you absence, and because we had a quorum, we were able to extend our compensation for the full duration of the spring break period. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif The next salary increase vote will take place August 1. You have already missed the caucus session for that vote so I assume you will tarry along the party line again.(?) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif The tentative schedule ends the summer session August 18 when we break for the holiday season. We will meet on November 30 for a special winnter oil session. I know it's tough to break away during the holidays, but this will be our last meeting until the holiday break is up in February 2004.

/ Diesel break-in #40  
bigpete, I have to tell you that you may well be one of the few people on the planet who can tit for tat me /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. Dare say that even JMIII gets exasperated with me and has gone off seeking more brochures/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
J