Dealer forged my name

/ Dealer forged my name #1  

sweep

Gold Member
Tractor
2006 TC45A
I was going through my tractor paperwork the other day and my dealer forged my name on the sheet where he is supposed to go over the tractor features with you and he and you are supposed to sign it when having goneover the checklist and a copy goes to the manufacturer and you get a copy.

My dealer had sent my copy of the page to me several weeks after I bought my tractor but I never looked at it real close. 1. He never went over the tractor features with me when it came in and that was clearly not my signature...not even close

I also went through my Brush Hog manual and the dealer was supposed to do the same thing and we were supposed to sign but my page are blank.

Did your dealer go over the tractor features via checklist with you when it arrived or at the sale?

Would you be ticked off your dealer forged your name or is this a normal practice on these sheets and not that big of a deal??

This happened 6 years ago so it's water under the bridge at this point.

/ Dealer forged my name #2  
One dealer was better than the other, in my two experiences.

I think the delivery guy is the guy who is supposed to do this, as it is now in the customer's driveway. Going over it at that time has got to be the preferred method of reviewing with the customer the features, operation and safety of the tractor.

Frankly, it got skipped, in your case, but it shouldn't have. Most good dealers would not operate that way. As you say, water under the bridge now.

/ Dealer forged my name #3  
Would you be ticked off your dealer forged your name or is this a normal practice on these sheets and not that big of a deal??

This happened 6 years ago so it's water under the bridge at this point.

Yes, I would be upset if anyone forged my signature ... that is not right.

But, after 6 years, I assume you undestand how to operate your tractor.:) I would just forget about it at this point.

MoKelly

/ Dealer forged my name #4  
I bought two new Kubotas (1995 & 1997) from the same salesman/dealer. The salesman himself delivered them. On the first one, he went over it with me. On the second one, we had spent enough time discussing it at the dealership, that I just signed his form when he delivered the tractor.:laughing:

/ Dealer forged my name
Yes, I would be upset if anyone forged my signature ... that is not right.

But, after 6 years, I assume you undestand how to operate your tractor.:) I would just forget about it at this point.

MoKelly

I did read the owners manual throughly after receving the tractor and went over the break in procedure etc. and learned quite a bit here on TBN.

BTW my dealer is no longer a dealer for my tractor make.

/ Dealer forged my name #6  
The delivery guy spent about 2 hours with a light intermittent snow showing me and the wife how to do everything. We demounted the backhoe and loader attached the plow and box blade and then put the loader and backhoe back on. I am sure that if we weren't freezing to death he would have spent another hour.

/ Dealer forged my name #7  
Both dealers with which I have dealt went over the tractor operations.

/ Dealer forged my name #8  
I bought my Kubota L3130 last year used from dealer. When it was delivered, the delivery guy went over all the features, including taking the loader off and putting it back on. Took as much time as I wanted on each and answered all my questions.

/ Dealer forged my name #9  
wow.. none of the tractors i've bought from a dealer were ever explained to me... :( :) Well.. actually.. that's only 4 tractors.. the rest were private party sales.. etc. hmm.. I'm feelin left out.. :)

soundguy

/ Dealer forged my name #10  
My dealer saleswoman....dropped my new JD 2520 off with backhoe. Says "I'm sure you know all about it" and left. I have never owned a tractor...rented,but never have had to change implements,etc. I was peaved! If it wasnt for this website,it would of taken me alot longer to learn this stuff.Especially,the backhoe was difficult to learn and take-off and on.