Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Default Re: The Stock is delivering my New Tractor tomorrow Morning!

Congrats. Glad to hear you are having a good time.

Nice machine.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    01 Kubota B21TLB, 2010 Ferris 52" ZTR, Cub Cadet 1811, Gravely Super8

David,

Congrats on the new tractor! Great looking rig - big grapple too.

With those tines on the grapple bet those stumps in the pasture are calling you - make sure you leave some for your mulcher!

Carl

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400

Congrats! Nice looking tractor and I like your list of implements. Really like that grapple and I would love to have that stumpgrinder....
    Enjoy!

teg
    Elite Member
    Tractor

That had to be a BIG Stork!!! Don't be a stranger, now... let us know how it works out... gotta show off the stump grinder once you get it!!! You "owe" us some action shots

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by teg View Post
    That had to be a BIG Stork!!! Don't be a stranger, now... let us know how it works out... gotta show off the stump grinder once you get it!!! You "owe" us some action shots
    teg,

My 10 year old was watching when I ripped the rotted pine stumps out with the grapple. I looked over and her eyes and mouth were GAPING WIDE OPEN! My dealer said "That picture is worth a million bucks". She was stunned...

It really was pretty cool too!

Gotta go!

I promise videos of good stuff, soon as I train the girls how to operate the...

...VIDEO CAMERA!

I'll be too busy driving!

David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, horse pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    JD 3010 4300

David,

Congrats on the new tractor... You gotta get that thing dirty ASAP!!!

Greg

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Very nice tractor, you will like it more every time you use it.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Pa View Post
    David,

Congrats on the new tractor... You gotta get that thing dirty ASAP!!!

Greg
    Greg,

I DID!!!! See Pix!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Very nice tractor, you will like it more every time you use it.
    RRR,

Yessiree! I just had a BLAST for the last 2 hours.

I bush-hogged about an acre of overgrown neglected garden that had stuff 5-6' high, and a bunch of pawlonia suckers, and saplings etc. I also picked up and moved some debris and some dead trees, I cleared a portion of my tractor road to the shed I eventually will keep it in. I used the root grapple to push over stuff in front as I was bush-hogging behind. I reverse bush hogged under some old fruit trees. I manuvered into a small orchard like spot between fruit trees while cutting. I bush-hogged the fire access from the gate to the southern corner of the property. So far I have something like 2.5 hours (the tractor has 9) of seat time today and it was ALL educational.

HOT DOG!

As I learn and get more comfortable with the grapple I suspect I will be able to get tons of stuff done in short order. I managed to scalp a couple spots with the hog, drop stuff in the wrong spots with the grapple, fail to pick up stuff with the grapple, grab a pile and get one stick, etc.

But it was fun and I got better as I went.

This is going to work. I made more progress in the last couple hours than in the last month.

Thanks to all-o-y'all!

PS - More pix here...
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/s...68#post2495768

Be well,
    David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Stock is delivering my New Tractor tomorrow Morning!-img-20110830-00023.jpg   The Stock is delivering my New Tractor tomorrow Morning!-img-20110830-00024.jpg   The Stock is delivering my New Tractor tomorrow Morning!-img-20110830-00027.jpg   The Stock is delivering my New Tractor tomorrow Morning!-img-20110830-00028.jpg  
    Last edited by MossflowerWoods; 08-30-2011 at 05:04 PM. Reason: added link to seat time thread...
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, horse pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1533

lol
    I remember the first day I was on ours...we actually used it in my sister's back yard (in a very nice neighborhood). The neighbors probably thought we were crazy, but we eventually got the job done with no ripped down deck or fences.

Good luck and have fun!
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function." -
    Prof. Al Bartlett

Any person is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts and outcomes. So one may believe as they will, but will be held accountable by the numbers for their beliefs. At the end of the day, life is a school of probability. Jesse via Jesse's Cafe Americain

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Here

I don't see that you mentioned the clogged front & side screens - Careful to clean those off so it doesn't overheat

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast