Air Pressure Question

/ Air Pressure Question #1  

poman

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TC33D
I have spent the last hour looking for a post I remember seeing which included a suggestion for R4 tire pressure when mowing. The subject had to do with mowing and leaving the least amount of trails or impressions in the ground. I was unable to find that post. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Can someone help me out with this information, please. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks

poman

/ Air Pressure Question #3  
I remember the post and am waiting to try it also as I have R4's. I think in a nut shell you are to run your tires on the lower range of what your manufacture tells you to.

murph

/ Air Pressure Question #4  
I did some experimenting last Summer, and went as low as 7#. This was OK for mowing, but when I was bush-hogging in some rough stuff and got the mower hung up, I spun a rear tire on the rim and leaked some fluid. I run more air in the fronts when using the FEL, due to the weight. It looks like something around 10-12# may be the lower limit on my B7500 for general use. The tires are rated for much more than that as a maximum inflation, but the R4's tend to feel like solid steel tires when you really blow them up..................chim

/ Air Pressure Question #5  
I haven't check the pressure in my R4's yet but they are hard as a rock so I am assuming they are at the maximum. I will let them down to 12 this summer for mowing.

murph