What do you have in your tractors tool box

/ What do you have in your tractors tool box #1  

Anonymous Poster

My tractor comes with a rather small "toolbox" in the fender. Since I will never be more then a mile from the house can any one recommend some of the important tools to carry. There is no cell phone coverage, I do carry FSR radio.

/ What do you have in your tractors tool box #2  
Lou,

I keep a hammer, pliers, vice grip, 8" and 12" crescent and a few small open and closed end wrenches. I also like to keep some snap pins and clips along with a clevis and hitch pins. Couple of old rags also.

murph

/ What do you have in your tractors tool box #3  
2 chains for lifting or dragging, linemans pliers, rag, gloves, extra pins, bungee cord for lashing down trash cans in the FEL.

/ What do you have in your tractors tool box #4  
I too have a small tool box that came with the tractor. I keep shear bolts, a hammer, knife ( for cutting rope and hoses out of the tiller), cresent wrench, lynch pins, and a pair of wire pliers.

/ What do you have in your tractors tool box #5  
Clean gauze pads, band-aids, and a tube of super glue for those gashes that won't stop bleeding.

/ What do you have in your tractors tool box #6  
Yes. Super Glue does work good for that . /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ What do you have in your tractors tool box #7  
One adjustable wrench, and the shed door opener. Also a small roll of paper shop toweling.

/ What do you have in your tractors tool box #8  
Don't forget about a good pair of wire cutters for those occasional "Oops!" when you run over fence wire while mowing...

/ What do you have in your tractors tool box #9  
Adjustable wrenches, lots of lynch pins, TP and some wire. Keep a Leatherman on my belt for the rest of the stuff the above won't handle.

/ What do you have in your tractors tool box #10  
On my NH 1920, I have a fire extinguisher strapped to a rops upright and a first aid kit behind the seat.( don't laugh! )

In the small tool box I keep extra lynch pins and an extra toplink pin, a small chain, a pair of pliers and a large flathead screwdriver/prybar.

On my old 8N, I keep a can of starting fluid ( uh.. you know for um.. wasps... ) An extra spark plug wire, and a pair of ford pliers..and a peice of baling wire...

SouNdguy