Hydrostatic drive slow to respond on cold start-up.

/ Hydrostatic drive slow to respond on cold start-up. #21  
Even with the cold snap this week (0-10F) our Kubotas and Mahindra respond as soon as the pedal is pressed, stone cold or warm, never have had to wait.

/ Hydrostatic drive slow to respond on cold start-up. #22  
My Bobcat 230 will hesitate to move when the tractor has just been started in hot or cold weather. I've only noticed it in high range. In mid and low it will move right away.

I typically fire it up, wait a minute, slowly lift the bucket and ease out of the shop. Depending how cold it is outside will determine how long I keep it in mid, and how far I push the hydro pedal. I typically put it in high range quickly and mid hydro pedal. My theory is (and I could be completely wrong) that there is very little hydraulic fluid movement when idling. I also hypothesize the pedal position is what determines the amount of fluid flow. As I'm driving I will flex the FEL, slowly moving it up, down and curl. I do this until I'm comfortable that it's warmed up enough to do real work. Some days I have more patience than others.

/ Hydrostatic drive slow to respond on cold start-up. #23  
Synthetic oils are worth every penny especially in the cold as they just flow better....more flow = less whine/strain, And Hydros require flow