Mowing mid-mount mower clips for JD4110

/ mid-mount mower clips for JD4110 #1  

mthiel

Tractor
JD 4110
I know someone mentioned this before, but does anyone know the part number for the special clips that enable holding the mid-mower up on a JD4110, while a rear 3pt attachment is used.

/ mid-mount mower clips for JD4110 #2  
mtheil,

Your right we did talk about it in an earlier post. I believe it was a post comparing the 2210 versus the TC21D or something like that. But I don't think anyone gave the part number for it. I remember the price was about $75.00. But I was on the understanding that the new 4X10's did not need that. I thought it was only on the 4x00 series. Maybe the 4x00 series you couldn't get a kit at all? Not sure, but you should be able to find it in the accessories list in your manual or the dealer should be able to get you the part# and price.

murph

/ mid-mount mower clips for JD4110
Thanks for reminding me of what was said earlier. Interestingly, I aksed my dealer about this when I first picked up the tractor, he wasn't sure. I need to press them to look, now that I see a definite benefit of having it.

/ mid-mount mower clips for JD4110 #4  
You do need it on the 4X10 series tractors. My dealer didn't know it existed when I purchased the tractor. I'm getting one before the spring mowing season starts--well worth the money.

Bob

/ mid-mount mower clips for JD4110 #5  
Murph mentioned that he thought the 4X10s might not require the pin kit to hold the mmm up when lowering a rear implement. Does anybody know for sure if this is the case? I'm not sure I'll ever need to do this on my 4110, but I always like to know what I can and can't do.
I haven't closely examined the mmm attachment to see if there is some type of built in pinning system.
Thanks
Heath

/ mid-mount mower clips for JD4110 #6  
Heath,

Just to clarify, not only do you need this on the 4X10 models so that you can keep the mower up while using the 3 pt, it can also be used to keep the mower at the same level (from one mowing to the next).

Bob

/ mid-mount mower clips for JD4110 #7  
Heath,

I brought this whole thing up sometime ago. Basically it kind of got to a heated up discussion. I was first told that "never heard of such a thing" I had people telling me to just raise the wheels on your mower. I had people saying that they use theirs all the time and never heard of a kit. Two dealers told me they did not know of a kit. So I guess the last of it was that you did need it on the 4x00 but not the 4x10 series. Basically the whole post turned out to be a mess.

I would take Bob in Mn's advice. He has one and he says you need it. Now one thing I would also say is John Deere probably made it the easiest of all to take the mower on and off. My New Holland is a bear.

murph

/ mid-mount mower clips for JD4110 #8  
Murph

You aren't alone--I spoke with 2 (JD) dealers when I purchased my tractor and neither of them mentioned the kit. Then last month when I was working with the owner of the JD dealer on some rebates they owed me, I mentioned the fact that this kit should be brought up with every sale. Not every person will use it, but my guess is most people would spend the extra $75-$90 when plunking down $15-$20K for a tractor.

The owner said his salesperson (I bought from the sales manager) wasn't aware that this kit existed. I know what line of work you are in. My guess is that if you're installing a new system, you and your intallers are going to be up to speed on the new features. I know when a new insurance product is rolled out, I go to seminars to learn about how (or if) this product would help my clients.

I can see I'm getting off topic hear--this is just another small lesson in how important the dealer is.

Bob

/ mid-mount mower clips for JD4110 #9  
Thanks for the clarification. I apologize for resurrecting this topic! I read the other thread(s) on this topic, but I just wanted to find out if this pin system was available for my 4110 or built in to my 4110. Before this thread, I was under the impression that the kit was available for my 4110, but not built into the tractor. It sounds like my original thought was correct.
Thanks for the clarification.

/ mid-mount mower clips for JD4110
Here's the skinny. Talked with my dealer today and found the kit part# BM19507. It goes for $70 and I have a attached a picture of the kit. You do need one for a 4110.

Attachments

• 244274-latchkit.JPG
    244274-latchkit.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 109