Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: how to balance tractor

<font color="blue">…I will be cutting about 6 acres of grass with an 84" rear mount…</font>

…You Can’t use a ballast box and another 3-pt. Implement simultaneously… [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    )</font>
    Thanks for the imput guys but come on Mr. Miller you don't actually think I'm that dumb. geez

Tractor
    Kubota L4610, BX2230

I have a similar tractor... 2002 L4610 with filled R4's and the 852 loader, and I use it to rough cut about 7 acres of open field, among other things. It's an individual thing, but I probably mow with the loader on 50% of the time. What others said about filled tires vs. a ballast box fits my situation also... particularly because the loader and a box blade are so often used together. Filled tires help a lot with traction using the box blade, and the combination balances against loader payloads really well.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7300; JD LX233

<font color="blue"> It's an individual thing, but I probably mow with the loader on 50% of the time. </font>

I probably keep the loader on most of the time when mowing, but it really is quite a bit easier to mow without it. I find that it doesn't upset the tractor's balance much, since the mower is lower than the tractor's COG.

Tractor
    Kubota L4610, BX2230

It's definitely easier mowing without the loader, but I do not have a convenient, dry and secure place for the loader to be parked, so it just stays on the tractor most of time. It's a good thing my field is just open land, with no fences, buildings, etc., or I would have bashed them to pieces by now. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12