What to park outside?

/ What to park outside? #1  

canoetrpr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040 cab/hyd shuttle - current, Kubota L3400 - traded
I have a bit of a dilemma. With my purchase of a new used MF 255 I have now officially reached the point where all my equipment cannot fit into my shop.

I kept trying to convince myself that if I reorganized I might manage it. Does not look good. One of my manure spreader (NI 210) or the MF 255 will need to be stored outside as a result.

My first instinct was the manure spreader as it cost me less. Then I started thinking about the fact that it has a wood floor and would be better out of the weather as a result. Many a old farm tractor has spent its life outside and not been too badly off for it.

What would you do if you were me? (building a new building is not an option at this time).

/ What to park outside? #2  
canoetrpr said:
I have a bit of a dilemma. With my purchase of a new used MF 255 I have now officially reached the point where all my equipment cannot fit into my shop.

I kept trying to convince myself that if I reorganized I might manage it. Does not look good. One of my manure spreader (NI 210) or the MF 255 will need to be stored outside as a result.

My first instinct was the manure spreader as it cost me less. Then I started thinking about the fact that it has a wood floor and would be better out of the weather as a result. Many a old farm tractor has spent its life outside and not been too badly off for it.

What would you do if you were me? (building a new building is not an option at this time).

Since you cannot spread on the snow, and it will not see much use on the winter, why not grab a tarp from Princess Auto, throw some Boards across the top of the spreader( so it will not fill up) and tarp it?? Park the MF inside.

Last edited:
   / What to park outside? #3  
Since you cannot spread on the snow, and it will not see much use on the winter, why not grab a tarp from Princess Auto, throw some Boards across the top of the spreader( so it will mot fill up) and tarp it?? Park the MF inside.
My thoughts, exactly. It appears to be a positive and cheap solution for the time being, until your budget allows you to do otherwise Good Luck.

/ What to park outside? #4  
My thoughts, exactly. It appears to be a positive and cheap solution for the time being, until your budget allows you to do otherwise Good Luck.

I 3rd that. Tractor should stay dry! :thumbsup:

/ What to park outside?
Now why didn't I think of that!

/ What to park outside?
I vaguely recall a thread suggesting not to tarp over equipment due to condensation developing and that wrecking the equipment over time. Any thoughts on this angle!

/ What to park outside? #8  
Tarp the top with some overhang but minimize tarping the sides for airflow

/ What to park outside? #9  
Or if you have some metal siding from a barn you can cover the spreader with that. Having the spreader covered is certainly better for it and leaving it uncovered. :D

/ What to park outside? #10  
Carykong said:
Tarp the top with some overhang but minimize tarping the sides for airflow

Exactly. Tie it so it will not blow off. You only want too keep the snow out of it. Spray it with fluid film just before you tarp it.

Do not park it on grass, if possible.