Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    LS R4010 & Cub Cadet 7300

Default Re: CVT tranny update New Holland 3045

Oh don't worry, I'm still at wearing it out. I do tend to rust up a bit over the winter though. Last spring my back was especially complaining so I went to see the bone cracker. He looked at my records and noticed I show up there every spring like the Easter Bunny. Armchair quarterbacking doesn't seem to keep me in shape. I need a nice big heated shop (and an expense account). Still up for 25 holes of disc golf on our course most days (even have a par round once in a while). Keeping the course up keeps me moving through the warm months.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2010 Farmall 40 cvt

I have 233 hrs on my CVT, perfect so far.

Tractor
    New Holland 3045/2010

Quote Originally Posted by farmall40 View Post
    I have 233 hrs on my CVT, perfect so far.
    C'est Bon n'est Pas!

That great to hear, keep on keepin on
    “If at first you don't succeed, you are running about average.”
    M. H. Alderson

Silver Member
    Tractor
    farmall 40

Greetings. When you say (there is a slight pause before engaging going from forward to reverse) are you saying the tractor can roll, if on a steep grade, as in mowing down to a ponds edge?
    Quote Originally Posted by bironacad View Post
    I had a gas tractor, see my avatar, lol. There is definitely a change from gears to hydrostatic drives to CVT. There is a slight pause before engaging going from forward to reverse and a different feel that takes awhile to get comfortable with but once there it worked extremely well. This is my first cut tractor for sure but I really had my doubts when reading posts about the perceived differences between the hydrostatic and CVT. I have a cub cadet hydrostatic and it is a weird feeling with the lack of solid control going down an incline I don't get that with the CVT. It really does a good job with the dirt. I don't have teeth on the FEL but was able to gouge out and remove load after load of soil no problem. It sounds different and feels different but works great, lol.

Tractor
    New Holland 3045/2010

Quote Originally Posted by lt190b View Post
    Greetings. When you say (there is a slight pause before engaging going from forward to reverse) are you saying the tractor can roll, if on a steep grade, as in mowing down to a ponds edge?
    Hi I have close to 200 hours now on my tractor and like the performance of the CVT transmission; it seems to know when I am over doing things. While doing some bush hogging recently with the tractor in a slow speed using cruise control, the bomb for long repetitive runs, using the cruise and going around trees I would back in just throwing the leaver back then forward then back it work great however when on a steep grade changing from forward to reverse or vice versa I needed to step on the break in the slight pause between forward and reverse to impede the inherent roll back that seems to happen before the tranny engages. It is not a big deal if you know that it will happen and control the roll with the foot break but the first time it happens it can be a start, especially if you are on auto pilot. Using the break takes it out of cruise though which is not a bad thing when more concentration is in order. I would imagine every piece of machinery has its own feel that requires getting use to hope this helps.
    M. H. Alderson

Silver Member
    Tractor
    farmall 40

bironacd, Thanks for the reply. I have read several posts from cvt owners since posting my question. it seems some have suggested reactivity settings can prevent this rollback. Is this true or is another setting the way to prevent this? Can it be prevented, without use of the brakes?

Tractor
    New Holland 3045/2010

Really not that big a problem for me and my location just something that I was aware of, I really don't use the reactivity setting switch as the problem is not that frequent for my applications.
    M. H. Alderson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12