Snow pto

/ pto #11  
Should screw off, though hasn't for some time! Take your time (and solvent) so you don't damage the square. You're lucky that cover's been on there, by the looks of things.
The battery must be easy to check on your machine.
Jim

/ pto #12  
heres the photos

Put some PB Blaster or other good penetrating oil on those 4 bolts. The PTO cover is probably flanged and held on by the plate the bolts go through. Do not use a torch on them as there's probably a seal inside.
PTO covers used to be pretty common. Most tractors have some sort of guard around them now (safety issue as well as ptotecting the stub shaft). You'll want to keep that cover for future use.

EDITED!!:
Jimmy and Tmajor had a good point about screwing it off. I didn't see the square boss initially (blended in with the background). Use the PB Blaster (liberally) on the area it screws into the plate.

BTW, this old tractor probably does not have "Live" or "Independent" PTO operation. That means when you step on the clutch, the PTO stops. It also means an implement can "drive" a tractor while spinning down (after you disengage the PTO). These old machines are tough and reliable, but don't have many safety features. Suggest you do a lot of research on it's operation and safety before you use it.

/ pto
right on okay so i can start looking for a blower ...there is two levers also on each side of the tractor ill post these pictures to if u now what there for could ya let me now..i think one is for the pto and the other high and low is that possible..

Attachments

• Picture 196.jpg
    Picture 196.jpg
    967.8 KB · Views: 144
  • Picture 195.jpg
    Picture 195.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 150
   / pto #14  
First picture engages the PTO.
Second picture raises the 3PTH. The small lever toward the top is the draft control.

/ pto
ya my grand father did that to the battery , when im done it will be back the way it was or just leave it its kinda handy some times

/ pto
ya i new the one for the point hitch but what is the draft lever for

/ pto #17  
There are posts on here about the draft control. It is supposed to automatically raise the 3PT when plowing, etc. to keep the depth the same. The harder the pull, the less is in the ground. ... kinda.

/ pto #19  
There are posts on here about the draft control. It is supposed to automatically raise the 3PT when plowing, etc. to keep the depth the same. The harder the pull, the less is in the ground. ... kinda.

which.. by your own description is NOT keeping the depth the same. it's keeping hte draft or pull the same .. or at the threshold you set it anyway, thus deptth changes as soil composition changes.

To the OP..

your pto is non live, step on the clutch to shift gears and engage / disengage pto.

do yourself a favor and get the owners manual and a shop manual.. even if it is only the thin I&T FO-19 aftermarket service manual

DO read the owners manual. also.. buy a master parts catalog. you will be into less than 60$ for all 3.. and you really should have them.

as mentioned.. pto cover screws off. a strap wrench might help ya or a pipe wrench.. usually they come off pretty easilly.. especially since 1950's era pto seals usually weep a lil.

also.. if oem, the shaft will be 1 1/8 6 spline. Yer new machien will want 1 3/8 6 spline.

ya got a few options.

1, replace pto shaft assy. it's about a 110$ part, slides in and out with 4 bolts removed.. though do be carefull in and out as it passes thru a seal that you don't want to damage the lip to when removing or re-stabbing.

2 or, if the bearng and seal are good, you can get a sheetmetal bushing to make up the diameter.... it's the worst of the ideas and i DO NOT reccomend it.

3, get a stub adapter.. it will slip on the oem small stub, and pin on with a roll pin, and then it will look EXACTLY like a modern 1 3/8 shaft end complete with another hole for pin on implements, and the groove for quick latch type fittings. this is a good 4$ option.

4, get an ORC ( orver running clutch ) made for your spline end, and to the implement spline end.. they make em, 1 1/8 to 1 1/8 or 1/8 to 1 3/8
or 1 3/8 to 1 3/8 I bet if you look, they make a 1 3/8 to 1 1/8

that option 4 is one of the best.. especially with a non live pto. keep inmind you may have to adjust / shortent he driveline when you add an ORC.

soundguy

/ pto #20  
which.. by your own description is NOT keeping the depth the same. it's keeping hte draft or pull the same .. or at the threshold you set it anyway, thus deptth changes as soil composition changes.

Well, also, if the ground composition doesn't change, and the front of the tractor were to start up an incline, the depth of the plow would try to go deeper. Or, if the front of the tractor were to drop down, the plow would try to come up. In both cases, the draft would change, as would the depth. The draft control, should come into play and keep both, the draft and the depth, the same. .... As I understand the intention of the "draft control".