Snow pto

/ pto #1  

jeff pinkos

Tractor
1953 ford jubillee
hi i just inhereited a 1953 ford jubilee and would like to put a snow blower on it but were the pto is its covered with some sort of metal cap do i remove this and by the shaft for this or am i out of luck for a pto..

/ pto #2  
That's probably just a stub shaft cover (see the attached picture) used to protect the splines. It should just slip on (and off) but might be frozen on (by rust) if it's been on the stub shaft for an extended period.
Before trying to pry it off, how about posting a picture (on this thread?

Attachments

• PTO Cover.jpg
    PTO Cover.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 260
   / pto
okay ill take some pictures tonight and post them tommorow ill up load them when i get to work there is only low speed where i live it take for ever..:thumbsup:

/ pto #4  
Some of the covers (maybe all) were threaded. So, it may screw off.

/ pto #5  
okay ill take some pictures tonight and post them tommorow ill up load them when i get to work there is only low speed where i live it take for ever..:thumbsup:

Low resolution pics will be fine, as long as they're clear.

/ pto
im pretty sure this one is bolted on but ill get pictures tonight to make sure and thanks alot i apprecite this ..

/ pto #7  
Some of the covers (maybe all) were threaded. So, it may screw off.

I've seen them with 2 or 3 little tabs and held on with screws too...that's why I'd like to see the pictures.

BTW, jeff pinkos...clean up the area around that PTO so we can see it clearly, please!

/ pto
will do roy

/ pto
heres the photos

Attachments

• Picture 194.jpg
    Picture 194.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 151
  • Picture 201.jpg
    Picture 201.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 157
   / pto #10  
Soak it good with WD-40 or kerosene. It will screw off.